View Poll Results: What do you think of the Mirage's looks?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looks good. I like it.

60 66.67%
  • It is fine, I'd drive it.

25 27.78%
  • It looks a bit dated.

3 3.33%
  • Ugly... just ugly.

2 2.22%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the Mirage's looks / styling?

Mitsu could have shaken up the market if only they'd tuned the suspension to appeal to the enthusiast rags: ie. unabashed go-kart handling, and responsive steering. Too bad, since neither of those things would have hurt mileage (in fact could have helped, if they'd lowered the car).

I believe they would have even forgiven the engine, if it handled well. The enthusiasts love to say that it's "more fun to drive a slow car fast"... but that only applies if the slow car has tossable handling.

Mitsu screwed up. They only have to look to the launch of the Canadian Micra to see how they should have done things.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

GrnBn (05-20-2015)

Banned
    Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Mitsu could have shaken up the market if only they'd tuned the suspension to appeal to the enthusiast rags: ie. unabashed go-kart handling, and responsive steering. Too bad, since neither of those things would have hurt mileage (in fact could have helped, if they'd lowered the car).

I believe they would have even forgiven the engine, if it handled well. The enthusiasts love to say that it's "more fun to drive a slow car fast"... but that only applies if the slow car has tossable handling.

Mitsu screwed up. They only have to look to the launch of the Canadian Micra to see how they should have done things.
    Regardless of what they coulda/shoulda done... the fact is that this car is an eminently affordable and perfectly functional vehicle that is "significantly" more eco friendly than virtually everything out there. The very fact that "drivability" not only trumps environmental concerns but that it renders this point irrelevant only re-enforces the fact that the average North American has their head up their butt. If people are so completely without of any sense of moral responsibility there really isn't much hope for humanity and Mitsubishi will never solve that problem, no matter what they do.
    Last edited by nternal1; 05-18-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Agree , we've always had / have small cars that use less gas and less expensive payments . Those are usually $250 and less . That way more $ toward bills , insurance , car payment and money put back into the economy . Small car / hybrid sales are dropping again do to low gas prices . You'd think people would learn from past spikes of gas cost . Remember when people were torching their gas guzzlers to get out of their loans .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cinder, I fully agree with your post. Gas prices are on the rise again. We might as well face it gas prices are never going Down to like they were years ago. So we are Smart having our Mirage to Save on Gas and use our money wisely instead of throwing it away in a Gas Hog , to go to the same place! I have a truck and camper and just to go less then 150 miles away it costs me over 100 in just Gas!! Just to camp!!!but that's really all I can afford. So I enjoy my gas sipper
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Thanks
    Looks really good considering the mpg gauge read 58.6 mpg for todays short, local, low speed, stop light and tourist infested lunch outing. I even left at noon, typically an invitation to congestion.

Compared to every other car I have owned, thats VX territory (with the original Bridgestone tires). Not quite CVT Insight, after the warranty battery. Still getting used to the coasting capability, wasting too much energy in DFCO. Tried EOC twice, there may be some opportunities with how well this car retains inertia.

Right now at just over 500 miles, with two tanks about 53.5 mpg. I'm thinking 55 might be the number. We are taking a little trip to the outer banks of NC. Wifes youngest daughter and her husband bought a beach house there. Leave early Saturday morning and come back Sunday. Parked at Wendy's today for my $4.16 lunch, the Mitsu looked current compared to the rest of the cars (rear end view), more so than most. The mpg gauge looked light years ahead of them. Headed to the outer banks of NC this weekend. Mostly 55 mph roads, trying for 60MPG.

Edit:
    Found the b mpg display, maybe I'll never reset it, let it be the lifetime display, 54.8 mpg since day one.

regards
    mech
    Last edited by deleted user; 05-18-2015 at 11:43 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Banned
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Unbelievable!

Is there ANYONE out there who drives this car out of sense of moral responsibility or is absolutely EVERYONE in the entire universe driven by base self interest and the the bottom line?

Banned
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    [post removed by admin]

Regardless of whether you drive an efficient car to reduce emissions, to save money, or both, the net effect is the same.

---

This thread has gone way off track and I'm going to nip it in the bud: no more discussion of climate change here, thank you. There are other forums that would welcome the conversation. This isn't one of them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

CLARK (05-19-2015),debburyl (05-25-2015),deleted user (05-19-2015),Fummins (11-21-2017),Marklovski (04-14-2018),Teasmade (05-26-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nternal1 View Post
    Go ahead and ban me
    Best idea so far.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nternal1 View Post
    Is there ANYONE out there who drives this car out of sense of moral responsibility or is absolutely EVERYONE in the entire universe driven by base self interest and the the bottom line?
    You need to chill out. People can drive this car out of moral responsibility, and still care about how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBn View Post
    Best idea so far.
    I agree. nternal1 has an incredibly short fuse for absolutely no reason. He is continuously the only source of drama on this forum.