Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage - Surprisingly Honest Fun (Malaysia)

Mitsubishi Mirage - Surprisingly Honest Fun (Malaysia)

Mitsubishi Mirage - Surprisingly Honest Fun
    by Kon Wai Luen - The Malay Mail

Is this a back-handed compliment for an opening paragraph?

[...] a simple and unpretentious car such as the all-new Mitsubishi Mirage comes across as a very refreshing preposition.
    You might think so, but the reviewer genuinely appreciates the "refreshing honesty about the car."

The obligatory hard-plastics comment (TM) arrives on cue, right there in the second paragraph! "There are some signs of cost cutting — hard plastics." (For fun, see our thread: Why does hard plastic offend car reviewers so badly? )

Pros:
    • clean and uncluttered design
    • CVT performance
    • decent handling, despite excessive body roll
    • relatively quiet interior

Cons:
    • factory audio system
    • not the best manual shift quality compared to some of Mitsu's previous efforts
    • lots of body roll
    • crosswinds are noticeable

Notable factoid #1:

the bulk of orders went to the CVT version, and 90 per cent of customers actually picked the most expensive GS CVT model.
    Notable factoid #2:

in a recent media drive from Klang Valley to Malacca, some journalists were able to get fuel consumption numbers as high as 30 kilometres per litre.
    30 km/L = 3.3 L/100 km = 70.6 mpg (US)

Read the full review: Mitsubishi Mirage - Surprisingly Honest Fun

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Good to see some more articles leaning more in the positve side.
    Would have been good to know what speed and conditions were like for the 30klm/l they got.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Holy molely! 70.6 mpg is in Prius PHEV (the plug-in hybrid). Amazing, since the Prius PHEV has a starting price of $30 to $32K. Plus, they said its fun to drive. All in one package, wow.

Well, you'd have to take that with a grain of salt. Also consider that if a Prius were driven in the same way they drove the Mirage in that contest (you can be pretty sure it was a contest - Mitsu has been running ecodriving contests with the Mirage), it too would smash its "official" economy ratings and would get a lot more than 70 mpg.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Its like the Suzuki Alto here in Oz a few years ago they run one in the world solar challenge and got a figure of around 2.5l/100klm in city traffic. It also avg around 3l/100klm for the total run.I smashed the hybrids at the time. from memory.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    since this is the only thread i could see for malaysian mirage ill post it here.

how come malaysia has this type of body kit or why is that the mirage sport look or is the mirage sport only released in malaysia?

http://mitsubishi-motors.com.my/mirage#home

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)