Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RCR Mirage review (Regular Car Reviews G4 5 speed)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Since when is Mitsubishi considered unreliable? I see 15 year old Galants, Lancers, Monteros, Eclipses all the time?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Do you have any more info on them? I haven't had to replace one yet.
    Speaks volumes.....

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    what do you guys think of this review?

Pathetic.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    I have two Mirages in the shop right now waiting on long blocks through warranty to be fully replaced.
    I love it, a Mitsu tech, who owns a Mirage, $hit posting about Mirages lol. You care to enlighten us about the 2 Mirages in your shop?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I love it, a Mitsu tech, who owns a Mirage, $hit posting about Mirages lol. You care to enlighten us about the 2 Mirages in your shop?
    I murdered my 97 Mirage with its teensy 12-valve 4G15. I drove that thing with little to no coolant for months constantly. Was always a quart low on oil. I was naive about car maintenance then, but it was still running when I donated it. Most durable engine I ever owned.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

I've been waiting for RCR to do the Mirage.... and I thought it was a reasonably balanced. He can be all over the map.

A lot less poop and penis jokes than usual? Maybe the car's unpretentiousness rubbed off on his usual approach.

I bet the car's owner has been on this forum. Wonder if he's a member.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    If nothing else, they're usually fun to watch.
    Yeah, definitely doesn't follow the typical reviewer's template! Bizarre mix of literary and lowbrow. Hit and miss, but I usually get a kick out of them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Most of them are short trip old lady owner vehicles that never had the fueling issue recall performed. Not really the cars fault!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-27-2020)

Context!

Also... reporting problems people have had with Mirages isn't really "$#!+posting", is it?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Sorry $hit posting comment was a joke. But let's just say the last 3 times I visited a Mitsu service center was less than ideal. 3 legitimate warranty claims denied in a row. The worst being a damaged heater core that was damaged by Mitsu techs when they replaced the engine, (which they didn't disclose to us before purchase, nor tell us why after the fact.) It was damaged by another Mitsu dealership, where we bought the car, which went out of business for shady business practices. So we take it to our local Mitsu dealer, explained the situation and that surely the bent heater core would be replaced under warranty. They looked at the car and said they'd get back to us in a couple of days. Fast forward 3 weeks after repeated attempts to get a hold of them and them dodging me, I just went in. They tried to give me the same run around. Finally after making me wait 2 hours the service manager comes out and says its denied under warranty because the engine was ripped out at another dealership! And it's tough titty for me that the place got shot down. I give you props though Nickels, the level of vitriol you have to read on here about your fellow Mitsu techs and how shady Mitsu dealers are in general and yet your still here. Your a harder man then me sir.