Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: RCR Mirage review (Regular Car Reviews G4 5 speed)

Ok. Wasn't sure! No smiley face.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    .... when they replaced the engine, (which they didn't disclose to us before purchase, nor tell us why after the fact.)
    Probably owned by a little old lady who only drove short trips and never did the fuel enrichment recall. :-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

I still get recalls for a 06 grand prix I bought used privately then sold years ago then got totalled shortly after. My work recently got a letter from GM saying they're gonna extend the warranty for the spark we sold a few years ago.
    I wonder how many Mitsubishi owners didn't receive recall notices? I'd assume most original owners would have received them, assuming they never moved but not so sure about second, and so on owners. I'm the third owner of mine and it only has 40k km.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ok. Wasn't sure! No smiley face.

Probably owned by a little old lady who only drove short trips and never did the fuel enrichment recall. :-)
    What's fuel enrichment mean and how do I know if my car had the recall done or not? My Carfax maintenance app says no recalls currently open for my car, but I don't know how much I trust that.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-28-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Thanks, plugged in my VIN. I'm clear. What about your 2014 redheaded step child? You good?

Yup, mine is all up to date. Aparently that recall that stops your engine from knocking didn't stop my engine from knocking. I may have to take a little 2800 mile drive across Canada and see if Nickels can swing me a new engine.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yup, mine is all up to date. Aparently that recall that stops your engine from knocking didn't stop my engine from knocking. I may have to take a little 2800 mile drive across Canada and see if Nickels can swing me a new engine.
    Damn. I hate to hear your 2014 isnt meeting your expectations. You really think your engine is a timebomb?

Everyone's engine is a time bomb. :-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-28-2020)

There's a knocker here at work with 150k kms, first time I saw it was last year when it was transferred from a different location. It's been hammering away for 25k kms now and it hasn't gotten worse. I took it to the dealer when it arrived cause the cvt was screwed, that's the one the dealer kicked out the door and said needed spark plugs and a t-body cleaning. Got charged an hours labour for that wizdom.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I thouhgt it was pretty decent. This guy can really hammer a car if he's in the mood and he didn't. For him, that means he likes it!

If you go back in time, you will see his first car review was of his own Toyota Echo. He loves and appreciates ecno-boxes in the real world so unlike guys like demuro, he has a soft spot for cars like these. I wish he had looked at a regular Mirage instead of the G4, but still. I liked it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrfixit For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-17-2020)