Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RCR Mirage review (Regular Car Reviews G4 5 speed)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

RCR Mirage review (Regular Car Reviews G4 5 speed)

Ill leave a link, what do you guys think of this review?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peZ8AQsZabI

Last edited by MetroMPG; 02-26-2020 at 02:38 PM. Reason: (Added info to title)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Griff151 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    He rants about the shifter too much (simply put a heavier shift knob on it). Otherwise, it's pretty spot on!
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree, I love their reviews and having owned a few cars they have reviewed, I think they are normally spot on.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If nothing else, they're usually fun to watch.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    I didn't care for it. It came across to me as another whiner who is trying to get something going reviewing cars, whining about an economy car (easy picking, low hanging fruit.)

I guess the temptation to bash the Mirage just like all the other whiny Mirage bashers was too great to resist. Sad part is, it works. The more it gets viewed, the more they get paid for their work - even if we Mirage owners are the ones watching it.

So, just how many more Mirage-bashing Youtube videos do we need posted here? Sorry, I get tired of it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds like me when I bought mine. Got tired of fixing my old cars. It’s been a great 5 1/2 years of not spending hundreds in repairs or getting towed home every couple of months!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    Ill leave a link, what do you guys think of this review?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peZ8AQsZabI
    Some of the points in this review are valid. I couldn't watch the entire review, & it surely could have be done better. The review is much lamer than a Mirage.

I really like my 2017 Mirage. It's exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a car that's affordable, reliable, and economical.

I push my Mirage hard sometimes, & I am not getting terrible mileage out of it. I've done some 75-80 mph trips with A/C on, & I still manage to about 43+ mpg. Most of my driving is rural country roads & small town. The Mirage does awesome in that 45-60 mph range (sweet spot). I know the Mirage is considered a city car, but I appreciate it in my world, too! This car does exactly what I want it to do.

Having said all that, I wouldn't pay a lot of money for a Mirage. I bought one because they were selling for $9,000 new. $10,000 OTD or less put one in your driveway in 2017. If the price of a new Mirage is above $12,000, I would have considered other options. Now that I have owned a Mirage for some time, I would consider a used 2017+ Mirage.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a 78 hp economy car. It's just not the norm for us here. It also needs to be priced accordingly. I am just speaking for myself here. Some forum members value extra features and don't mind paying more for a Mirage. There's nothing wrong with doing that. I prefer cheap base models with manual transmissions.

I've had people ask me why I drive my Mirage? Brand new for $9,000 is all I have to say. If I had paid $13,000+ for one (local dealers price), I may have to do more explaining.

I like the manual transmission of the Mirage, and & I have owned all manuals since my first car (1978 Honda Civic Wagon). Not all of my manuals have been small cars either (Explorer, Trooper, etc.)
    Last edited by Mark; 02-24-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I didn't care for it. It came across to me as another whiner who is trying to get something going reviewing cars, whining about an economy car (easy picking, low hanging fruit.)

I guess the temptation to bash the Mirage just like all the other whiny Mirage bashers was too great to resist. Sad part is, it works. The more it gets viewed, the more they get paid for their work - even if we Mirage owners are the ones watching it.

So, just how many more Mirage-bashing Youtube videos do we need posted here? Sorry, I get tired of it.
    Yeah, and reading the comments for some of those videos really shows how dim some sheeple can be. Most commenters are stuck paying $600/month car payments while living at home or paying someone rent. Or are just too young to even drive yet.

I didn't want a slow car and didn't think I could get used to having one for a daily driver. I haven't had any problems yet and have had to change my driving accordingly. My car is paid off, it's cheap to drive, and I can keep the thing going for another 10 years on the cheap.
    I've aged probably 15 years over the last few months of owning mine and now give less $hits than ever about what people think of me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

daleWV (02-24-2020),Dirk Diggler (02-25-2020),Eggman (02-24-2020),precisionxt (02-25-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I've seen just about every review on the Mirage and 99% of them just don't get what this car is for. They almost all suggest getting a used "something or the other" instead of a new Mirage! Really! For the price I paid for my wife's left over 2019 I could have had a 5 year old, marginally better car with a heap ton of miles, just at or over their warranty period. Instead!, I got a NEW, well equipped (with more options than my wife will need) great looking little car that gets incredible gas mileage and comes with a full 10 year, 100K mile warranty! ...... and I am super happy with that!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 905mirage For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-25-2020),precisionxt (02-25-2020),Pryme (02-24-2020),timw4mail (02-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The comments are ridiculous in this one. I won't get into the "my moped is faster than this, I'd rather walk" or "the 90's called and wants their car back" comments. I can understand these. Not everyone wants an econobox and I can respect that opinion.

What really shows the intelligence of these people is when they make comments about the lack of reliability. There isn't enough on or in this car to warrant such a claim. No one brings up any examples concerning what component "fails". I know Mitsubishi isn't the most reliable brand on the planet, but to dismiss every single model of vehicle under a manufacturer as unreliable, is just plain stupidity.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to precisionxt For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (09-26-2020)