Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Never braked from San Jose to palo alto with 55~65mph and end up with only 42MPG?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozziekyu View Post
    I tried one bottle of Techron , unfortunately I feel nothing has changed ,I guess this is just how Mirage is

but I find out Costco give me bad MPG while Shell give me best MPG, I got a 27mpg with no traffic at all in SF City.... lowest in history

Shell could get my car reach 45mpg in highway and Costco will only make 36mpg in a similar trip, not sure why though
    Outside air temperature has a big impact on the fuel economy of the Mirage. Not sure if either tank of gas had a similar operating environment..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Fozziekyu View Post
    I tried one bottle of Techron , unfortunately I feel nothing has changed ,I guess this is just how Mirage is

but I find out Costco give me bad MPG while Shell give me best MPG, I got a 27mpg with no traffic at all in SF City.... lowest in history

Shell could get my car reach 45mpg in highway and Costco will only make 36mpg in a similar trip, not sure why though
    Welcome to the forum, when you get a chance you should start a garage entry so we know what you own rather than asking all the time. Just kidding I don't care, but it comes in handy sometimes.

I'm pretty sure Costco gas is top tier gas as well as shell. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you idle your car a lot? Ever check the air filter? The worst I've gotten was 27.8mpg hand calculated and that was with a few hours of idling, and mostly relatively short 14 mile trips in -13F to -31F weather.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I've been getting ~52mpg indicated driving ~18 mi to and from work at 40-55mph, with the A/C off and windows cracked. Fueled up on Shell premium at 2 marks on the fuel gage. Fueled again with Shell regular and gas mileage dropped to 43mpg, but it was also raining, road was very wet.

Also had some Lucas fuel treatment (the thick stuff in a gallon jug) in both tanks, about 2oz.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)