Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need help! I need this parts part number ASAP!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    If it helps at all I'll post some pics of the 15' headliner mic? It too has 3 wires. What year/model Mitsubishi is the head unit you're trying to install from? Same 18 Mirage? just in case I come across schematics for it.
    The car I have is a late 2018 Mirage ES CVT. The Radio... Man I'm not sure. They all have the same part number from 2017 to today, that is why it is so strange that they apparently moved the mic location and type. It's the standard Mirage radio with CD player, radio and Andriod auto / carplay. An upgrade from my non-carplay touch screen model.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can answer a little bit of this as I've pulled some of this crap out of a few Mirages and did a retrofit on one of mine.

First off, the "upgraded" radio with Android Auto/Apple Carplay is made by Hyundai Modis. Therefore, the wiring connectors on the radio itself is not the same as Mitsubishi stuff. The cars have an adaptor harness between the radio and the car harness.

The adaptor harness for a 17 with the carplay radio is different if it has the steering wheel mounted microphone as they were port installed. The later 17's and up that had it factory installed have the microphone mounted in the headliner. The microphone in the headliner goes down to the A pillar and joins up with the wiring for the airbag and seat belt warning lights in the connector there.

When I installed said radio into my 2015, I used the port installed adaptor harness and microphone as it had a seperate connector for the microphone. Added bonus fact (for retrofitters) the port installed harness has an RCA style connector in the bundle for the reverse camera so you can easily add an aftermarket camera. Once I get to doing that thing spring I'll make sure to take pictures.

I believe (and I can't remember exactly right now) the little square connector from the car wiring harness does both the mic and reverse camera on the factory installed units.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-25-2020),Top_Fuel (02-25-2020)

Have you checked out the schematics for 2017 I posted? They show different ones for radio and nav/bluetooth, might not be of much help as it looks like they use the roof mounted mic as well. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ht=2017+wiring

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd love to see the mic and its spot in the roof to see if there is wiring hiding there. I can't find a plug on the other end, but some have said it came equipped with the wiring much like the non-cruise models were already setup for it.

That I don't know. Like Karl said, there are 2 kinds of bluetooth. If you have controls on the wheel the mic came on the roof. Buttons on dash had mic on st column. If you had buttons on the wheel then you usually have the wiring in the wheel for cruise already there.

I'll post pics of what our 15' and I assume 17' look like. These are with the factory steering wheel bluetooth controls.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The 18 up "base" touch screen radio the mic is built into the faceplate of the unit. I don't know why they did that but they did. If you look, you'll see a small hole on the bottom corner of it. The car is NOT prewired for the factory headliner mount microphone. I've checked before on my 19 ES I used to have.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I can answer a little bit of this as I've pulled some of this crap out of a few Mirages and did a retrofit on one of mine.

First off, the "upgraded" radio with Android Auto/Apple Carplay is made by Hyundai Modis. Therefore, the wiring connectors on the radio itself is not the same as Mitsubishi stuff. The cars have an adaptor harness between the radio and the car harness.

The adaptor harness for a 17 with the carplay radio is different if it has the steering wheel mounted microphone as they were port installed. The later 17's and up that had it factory installed have the microphone mounted in the headliner. The microphone in the headliner goes down to the A pillar and joins up with the wiring for the airbag and seat belt warning lights in the connector there.

When I installed said radio into my 2015, I used the port installed adaptor harness and microphone as it had a seperate connector for the microphone. Added bonus fact (for retrofitters) the port installed harness has an RCA style connector in the bundle for the reverse camera so you can easily add an aftermarket camera. Once I get to doing that thing spring I'll make sure to take pictures.

I believe (and I can't remember exactly right now) the little square connector from the car wiring harness does both the mic and reverse camera on the factory installed units.
    I can confirm that my adaptor harness had RCA cables tucked into it. On your refit how many wires did the mic have going to it? Did it plug into a white 8 pin harness pigtail like the one I posted?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ohhh okay so you have the "port" adaptor harness then. The microphone I used had 3 wires. I can't remember the connector off the top of my head.

I believe I can get you the right microphone that you'd need. The bad part is since it's at a junkyard that's farther away and they have a "minimum charge" it might be a bit pricey. They had two 2017's there with port installed Carplay units. One of the mics in in my car, the other should still be there.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Ohhh okay so you have the "port" adaptor harness then. The microphone I used had 3 wires. I can't remember the connector off the top of my head.

I believe I can get you the right microphone that you'd need. The bad part is since it's at a junkyard that's farther away and they have a "minimum charge" it might be a bit pricey. They had two 2017's there with port installed Carplay units. One of the mics in in my car, the other should still be there.
    Brother, at this point, you may be my only hope. If you can confirm that the port mic will work I'm ready to get this done!