Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I need help! I need this parts part number ASAP!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm also retrofitting my Mirage with the same radio, but I've hit a road bump. I bought the adapter harness with the GPS connector, but it's missing the MIC connector. Does anyone have the part number for the power harness that has the Mic connector on it? If I can get that, then the radio swap will be complete.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You probably got the 2018+ adaptor harness. You need one from a 2017 to make it easy.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    You probably got the 2018+ adaptor harness. You need one from a 2017 to make it easy.
    Any chance you or someone has the part number? I've looked at the part warehouse sites, but they all seem to look the same. I'd go to a junkyard and try to salvage one from another mirage, but these little cars seem to be survivors. I can't find any near me.

I stumbled across this hands free setup on epay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-BLU...1&isGTR=1#shId I woulda bought it but shipping doubles the cost for me. $40 seems like a bargain though. "MZ350267"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I stumbled across this hands free setup on epay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-BLU...1&isGTR=1#shId I woulda bought it but shipping doubles the cost for me. $40 seems like a bargain though. "MZ350267"
    So I went ahead and bought it, tested it, and no dice. The Microphone for this is a no go. I did however keep searching and found this part. https://www.ebay.com/itm/284022808120. It has the steering column mounted mic, and it appears to have all the proper harness connections that I'd need to get it working.

Fingers crossed that I finally get this radio 100% functional.

Quote Originally Posted by krixpyrescar View Post
    So I went ahead and bought it, tested it, and no dice. The Microphone for this is a no go. I did however keep searching and found this part. https://www.ebay.com/itm/284022808120. It has the steering column mounted mic, and it appears to have all the proper harness connections that I'd need to get it working.

Well that sucks. Hopefully you get it working now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That looks right to me... Keep us informed.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krixpyrescar View Post

Any updates?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

It Works! Carplay/Android Audio 100% functional

I got the part, installed it, and everything is working now. I've been testing it/using it for the past couple weeks and I can confirm that the Microphone, and Android Auto/Carplay is working.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the part number for the mic or the T-harness, but maybe the manual could help out?

Here's a better look at what all came with the kit:

Name:  Whole Radio Kit..jpg
Views: 547
Size:  95.0 KB

Here's what was included with the kit:

- 4 pin Radio to USB A female cable
    - Radio T-Harness with GPS, Microphone, and backup camera ports.
    - 3 pin steering wheel column mounted microphone.
    - GPS antennae
    - Mounting screws (Never used any of them.)
    - Double sided tape
    - Foam protective tape
    - Zip Ties
    - Installation Manual.

The install should have been relatively short, but I have a bad habit of misplacing screws and bolts.

I'll post pictures of what everything looks like with it installed. I'm sure you can relocate the GPS up into the headliner, or if you get the in-dash mount you can put it behind the radio (which I'll do later).

But for OEM purposes, and because I'm going to repaint my dash and panels, I left it loose on top of my dash.

As for the Microphone, if you don't like the idea of having a small round/rectangular piece of plastic on your steering wheel, you could buy the headliner mic and connect it to the radio that way through the A-Panel. If I do that at some point, I'll 3D print the connector for the mic and share it for those who want it hidden.

I just want to thank everyone here on this thread, and in the forums. This site has been a huge help with everything I've done to my little Mirage. I'll make a garage update for anyone who want's to follow what I've done.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krixpyrescar For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-10-2021),inuvik (01-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's pictures of what it looks like after it's all installed.

Name:  IMG_20210111_143016935_HDR.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  83.8 KB

Sorry for the lack of focus. The GPS module is in the far right corner of the windshield.
    Name:  IMG_20210111_143020617_HDR.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  88.2 KB