Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need help! I need this parts part number ASAP!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I need help! I need this parts part number ASAP!

I'm upgrading from an ES touch screen to an SE carplay radio and I'm missing the microphone. I can't find the part number anywhere!

Here is the part I need:

Name:  carplay mic.jpg
Views: 2204
Size:  92.5 KB

It's the black mic in the picture with the cord attached to it. I need that part badly. It sits on the seeting colum and plugs into the back of the radio with an 8 pin plug.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just so you know, the radio adaptor harness is different for the 17 with Apple Carplay and the 18-19 with Carplay. I went through this retrofitting this radio into my 2015 DE. Got the adaptor harness and the mic both from a 17.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have the 18 model ES and everything plugged in and works except no mic. The gps unit is OK, the harness adaptor worked great and everything works right but I'm missing that one small mic harness and the mic.
    1/2 say it's a headliner mounted unit, but I don't have one, and the other half say steering mounted. it looks easier and cheaper to do that route.

Any advice is good advice as there is literally no info on this swap.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrfixit View Post
    ...I'm missing that one small mic harness and the mic.
    I can't tell from the picture what the OEM microphone looks like. Is it any different from a typical aftermarket microphone? In other words, does the factory microphone use some funky proprietary connector or can you just buy a generic microphone like this?

Name:  micrphone.jpg
Views: 1975
Size:  89.2 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wish! It has some odd ball 8 pin plug for it, but other than that it looks like a 2 dollar mic. I really thought I had what I needed to do this job, but I think now I'll never find everything I need.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrfixit For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (02-25-2020)

I assumed factory bluetooth had mic in headliner, dealer/afterthought installed had the mic on the column? Does the plug on your radio look like this?Attachment 17212
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I assumed factory bluetooth had mic in headliner, dealer/afterthought installed had the mic on the column? Does the plug on your radio look like this?Attachment 17212

No here is the empty plug on the car play radio that the mic plugs into.

Name:  IMG_20200224_203157879.jpg
Views: 1783
Size:  78.3 KB

Damn, that's an odd one. I just checked out a 15' with the plain jain radio with factory bluetooth. The plug for the headliner mic is different. It runs into the main dash harness then plugs into a metal bluetooth module behind the heater controls. None of this is any help to you.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think the most frustrating part of al this for me has been the total lack of info on these cars online. I can't find an acruate parts catolog anywhere. I paid for the offical parts E-catalog and it was wrong The only parts it listed were for the 2017 base radio. totally incorrect info. The dealer is clueless here as well. They pulled up the same diagram and when I told them it was wrong he wanted to argue with me about it so I left. I wish sometimes these cars had a few more years on them so I could go to a You pick it type place and get the stuff right off the car, but no one has one yet.

If it helps at all I'll post some pics of the 15' headliner mic? It too has 3 wires. What year/model mitsubishi is the head unit you're trying to install from? Same 18 Mirage? just incase I come across schematics for it.

Mirage videos: