Thread: Canada: College Road Trip: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage (auto123.com)

Canada: College Road Trip: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage (auto123.com)

Another balanced Canadian review. For this one, the writer takes 3 buddies and their gear on a weekend highway road trip.

Pros...

- decent interior space for a small footprint
    - very good headlights
    - CVT ideal for highway cruising
    - "solid" feeling highway manners
    - decent fuel economy in challenging conditions

Cons...

- flat, stiff seats
    - no arm rest, "which sucks if you have arms"
    - engine noisy when pushed
    - high speed exterior whistling

Overall...

The Mits Mirage is basic transportation, and evaluating it as anything else is missing the point. Besides, the shopper after a car like this one wants, arguably, three key things: a cheap price, low running costs, and that warm, snuggly feeling that arises from knowing you’ve scored a good deal.
    Read the full review, see gallery ... http://www.auto123.com/en/mitsubishi...0&artid=162578

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Mikhail (12-11-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I liked this review. It was a fun approach to reviewing what is essentially going to be a popular "college car". The writer, Justin, looked at the Mirage in context and was honest about it being basic transportation, and did not have unrealistic expectations for what the car can do, given its price (unlike some writers who complain "oh no, it has 73hp!!! It's not as fast as a Mustang"). He was fair in pointing out the car's strengths, and also some very legitimate weaknesses. Plus he logged some quality seat time driving in a variety of conditions, which really does bring forth a car's characteristics that may not be as obvious on a quick drive.

Interesting also to get his take on the car's headlights. There's a very practical bit of info.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

There's now a video to go along with this review.

Not sure if it's going to appear on YouTube as well, so you have to go here to see it for now...

http://thechronicleherald.ca/wheelsn...age-with-video