Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I might have out-cheaped the cheap! (Cheapest roadworthy used Mirage?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Got little red back home today. Nice new engine. Nice and quiet. I checked over quite a bit of the car before I left the dealer but it seems like they did a good job. I had them balance the wheels too so now it's smooth and good.
    Just to summarize - You received a brand new engine for a 2015 Mirage that you paid $850 for just a few weeks ago?

Added a little elbow grease to the interior, & you have an amazingly good deal, correct?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Just to summarize - You received a brand new engine for a 2015 Mirage that you paid $850 for just a few weeks ago?

Added a little elbow grease to the interior, & you have an amazingly good deal, correct?
    That sounds about right. I'll have to give it a bath and a buff and should look pretty good minus the crack on the front bumper and the one broken fog light. I need a fog light sometime soon for it. I did add heated seats though! Those are nice and work great.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Great example of Mitsubishi backing their warranty. Good score Dodge Aries K!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

One lucky dude.

Also, resourceful!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, the little bugger runs awesome. The clacky noise cold is gone and I'd say it runs better than it did. I'm really happy with the outcome of this little red car. Originally when I bought it I figured I'd fix it and resell it but now I'm torn about getting rid of it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    . Originally when I bought it I figured I'd fix it and resell it but now I'm torn about getting rid of it.
    If you develop a desire to sell it, I emailed you a private message on the matter. I hope you get the message.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark, I just replied to it. My wife wants the car to stick around for now (which is unheard of... she doesn't like my collection of junk) so that's the plan for the moment. But, if someone wants to pay me market value for the thing I'd probably let it go hahaha. It's a great little car though and my plan is to continue using it for when my legs/back aren't cooperative and make stick shift usage unpleasant.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, with the virus basically killing off doing Uber, mystery shops, and whatever else, I decided to attempt to scale back things here. Found little red a new home and used the money from selling to pay off the black Mirage's loan. A nice older lady fell in love with the car so I think she'll take good care of it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, with the virus basically killing off doing Uber, mystery shops, and whatever else, I decided to attempt to scale back things here. Found little red a new home and used the money from selling to pay off the black Mirage's loan. A nice older lady fell in love with the car so I think she'll take good care of it.
    That worked out very nicely for you, & for her, too! With the new engine, it should be a really nice car for someone. Eliminating a car loan is always good! Sounds like a win/win for both parties!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, so the passenger side is kinda sorta done. That turned into a hellish nightmare because these damn cars have capacitance occupant detection sensors in the passenger bottom cushion. Fun fact, I know how to tear apart a Mirage seat in under 10 minutes now because of this and trying to figure out what the hell was going on. So anyway, the seat BACK is heated and works nicely... but passenger buns don't get the joy of a warmer. Oh well, nothing I can do about it since my internet research didn't lead to anything except OEM heated seats being designed some extra fancy special way so it doesn't trigger the damn sensor to think someone is always sitting in the seat and that aftermarket heated seat installs commonly avoid being installed in whatever part of the seat the sensor is in.

Also, look forward to a bunch of pictures and info on how to take one of these seats apart to look at all the fancy insides and stuff. That has to wait until I can find a data capable USB C cable since I had to replace my phone.
    I have a 2015 Mirage DE, and I'm thinking about installing aftermarket seat heaters. Would you recommend for me to skip this process? I don't want to mess with electrical **** if it won't work properly after.