Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I might have out-cheaped the cheap! (Cheapest roadworthy used Mirage?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  Glossy baby.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  55.3 KB

A little late nite auto tonight. Bought these out of a wrecked GT and finally swapped them into something... that something being little red here. They really make the door panel look nicer. I'm definitely getting another set for the black Mirage.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Nobu (03-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Name:  Glossy baby.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  55.3 KB

A little late nite auto tonight. Bought these out of a wrecked GT and finally swapped them into something... that something being little red here. They really make the door panel look nicer. I'm definitely getting another set for the black Mirage.
    Those shiny blacks ones are in our SE's too. Might help you find more knowing that, or maybe you already know

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, that's right. My SE has them as well which is nice. I think it really classes up the spartan cabin.

Mad City Mitsubishi had a alignment sale on Facebook so I took part in that. While I hate their sales side, the service people are actually really nice. I mentioned to them the engine being clacky when cold and showed them a video of it. They called into techline and a new engine was approved and on the way. Because of the virus, it's unknown exactly when it will get replaced but it will eventually get replaced! I'm halfway tempted to buy a super low mileage trans from a wrecking yard and see if they'll put it in with the new engine haha.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Yes, that's right. My SE has them as well which is nice. I think it really classes up the spartan cabin.

Mad City Mitsubishi had a alignment sale on Facebook so I took part in that. While I hate their sales side, the service people are actually really nice. I mentioned to them the engine being clacky when cold and showed them a video of it. They called into techline and a new engine was approved and on the way. Because of the virus, it's unknown exactly when it will get replaced but it will eventually get replaced! I'm halfway tempted to buy a super low mileage trans from a wrecking yard and see if they'll put it in with the new engine haha.
    I'll be curious to see how that works out for you. They were the same place that ordered you a replacement rear axle, & you ended up having another dealership take care of that for you. I believe that was the story on your first Mirage you bought from them?

I am glad to hear the engine replacement will happen for you, however. I am also glad to hear something positive about Mad City Mitsubishi service department. I haven't visited them since they switched spots/buildings.

I really don't care for their sales practices, but people are buying vehicles from them. I continue to see more & more Mitsubishi vehicles in my area, and most of them are coming through them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, the service department got revamped since the thing with the axle. (I think because of the axle actually...) The new people are actually pretty good.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, the service department got revamped since the thing with the axle. (I think because of the axle actually...) The new people are actually pretty good.
    I like vehicles that never have to go back to the dealership for service, but I look forward to your updates on this car. If I needed warranty/recall work done on my Mirage, it would be nice to know Mad City has a decent service center.

Personally, Mad City has to improve to keep customers. Madison has everything (Toyota, Honda, Mazda, KIA, Hyundai, Nissan, all the domestic brands, all the European brands, and most everything else). In some cases, they have multiple dealerships of the same brand, which keeps things even more competitive.

I'm sure you'll keep us posted. When you get that replacement engine, you super cheap Mirage will become an even better deal!

Question: When a 2014-15 Mirage gets a free engine replacement under warranty, are they putting an original 74 hp engine in or the newer 78 hp engine in your car?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Question: When a 2014-15 Mirage gets a free engine replacement under warranty, are they putting an original 74 hp engine in or the newer 78 hp engine in your car?
    That is a good question. I'm going to guess the revamped engine is probably a replacement part but I don't know how to specifically tell between the two.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is a good question. I'm going to guess the revamped engine is probably a replacement part but I don't know how to specifically tell between the two.
    Since the introduction of the updated 2017 Mirage, it seems like all new engines would be the current updated one. There must be a way to visually tell the difference between the two, but I've only been around my 2017 Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, here's an interesting issue. I just found out Mad City is closing down due to the stupid virus. So yeah... Mitsu Techline approved replacing my engine so now I have to call around and see who's still open that would be willing to do it I guess? That figures.

I actually talked to the service writer a few minutes ago and he said that someone will still be there to receive shipments and what have you so I guess my engine will still go there and be waiting for them to come back to work in a few weeks. Hopefully.
    Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 03-26-2020 at 02:05 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    The 78 HP engine uses rollers on the valvetrain. The 74 HP engine does not. There are some other changes but that's the one I remember.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)