Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I might have out-cheaped the cheap! (Cheapest roadworthy used Mirage?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I believe only the 78HP engine for cvt models gets rollers

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I believe only the 78HP engine for cvt models gets rollers
    Interesting - first I've heard of it. Where did you find this?

Edit: I found the discussion and posted it below.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-26-2020 at 10:59 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    2017 Mitsubishi Mirage: New sleek design and increased performance

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsubishi News US
    With the addition of a roller-type camshaft, Mirage increases its horsepower to 78 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 74 lb-ft torque at 4,000 rpm.
    No mention was made as to what trim level or type of transmission.

What are the odds that Mitsubishi would manufacture the same engine with two different valvetrains on the basis of type of transmission?

Edit: more info & discussion here: 2017 3A92 engine with roller cam.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-26-2020 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Added link to 2017 roller cam thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, my aftermarket seat heater kit showed up a few days ago. Decided tonight to tackle the driver seat and man that was not fun. However, I have the aftermarket seat heaters installed nicely and ghettoly hooked to the factory plug under the seat and it works well with the factory switch on high and low. Get to do the passenger seat tomorrow and eventually find some OEM plugs to snip off of a junkyard heated seat from some sort of car that shares a connector and then hook it up a bit better. I'll try to take pictures tomorrow of the passenger seat as I tear it apart so people can see.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, so the passenger side is kinda sorta done. That turned into a hellish nightmare because these damn cars have capacitance occupant detection sensors in the passenger bottom cushion. Fun fact, I know how to tear apart a Mirage seat in under 10 minutes now because of this and trying to figure out what the hell was going on. So anyway, the seat BACK is heated and works nicely... but passenger buns don't get the joy of a warmer. Oh well, nothing I can do about it since my internet research didn't lead to anything except OEM heated seats being designed some extra fancy special way so it doesn't trigger the damn sensor to think someone is always sitting in the seat and that aftermarket heated seat installs commonly avoid being installed in whatever part of the seat the sensor is in.

Also, look forward to a bunch of pictures and info on how to take one of these seats apart to look at all the fancy insides and stuff. That has to wait until I can find a data capable USB C cable since I had to replace my phone.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, so the passenger side is kinda sorta done. That turned into a hellish nightmare because these damn cars have capacitance occupant detection sensors in the passenger bottom cushion. Fun fact, I know how to tear apart a Mirage seat in under 10 minutes now because of this and trying to figure out what the hell was going on. So anyway, the seat BACK is heated and works nicely... but passenger buns don't get the joy of a warmer. Oh well, nothing I can do about it since my internet research didn't lead to anything except OEM heated seats being designed some extra fancy special way so it doesn't trigger the damn sensor to think someone is always sitting in the seat and that aftermarket heated seat installs commonly avoid being installed in whatever part of the seat the sensor is in.
    Would a passenger seat occupancy sensor relearn procedure fix this problem? I seem to recall seeing a video on this.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sadly no. It's an electrical interference issue. I checked on my Autel to see if there was a relearn procedure on there and I didn't see one without digging into it too much. But after lots of searching, I came up empty handed besides NO DO NOT TOUCH and even some OEM setups didn't have seat heat in the bottom or back depending on the brand because of the stupid sensors.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Car goes in Monday up to Mad City to get it's engine replaced. They have a skeleton crew working in the shop while they're closed down so that works for me. Mirage will be happy to have nice new engine.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Car goes in Monday up to Mad City to get it's engine replaced. They have a skeleton crew working in the shop while they're closed down so that works for me. Mirage will be happy to have nice new engine.
    What kind of noise are they saying is caused by the defect? Most engines I've owned will have a little valve train noise in the extreme cold. Or, is this a really obvious, maybe loud or particularly abnormal noise?

Did you keep the video you made that got them to approve a replacement engine? That'd be interesting to see/hear.

Mine makes noise when cold too, always worse when cold, and worse when it hasn't been driven for several days (I assume because more oil drains down).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)