Thread: Seat Rail Extensions? Big guy in a small mirage

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Seat Rail Extensions? Big guy in a small mirage

Hello. I'm hoping somebody can put me in the right direction, or has some experience. I have a 2020 Mirage, and I'm 6'5". Anyone know where to get longer seat rails or extenders?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NotQuiteSure View Post
    Hello. I'm hoping somebody can put me in the right direction, or has some experience. I have a 2020 Mirage, and I'm 6'5". Anyone know where to get longer seat rails or extenders?
    6'5 in a Mirage? Why did you do that to yourself? Tell me you at least got the G4 sedan? You could try putting a Lancer seat and rails in there.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I did it for the gas mileage. I also may have blindly disregarded my legroom during the test drive because of 42mpg rush hour traffic. Lol. Either way, My only main concern at this time is the legroom. And no, I chose the hatch. A lancer seat should fit in and move back more?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I did it for the gas mileage. I also may have blindly disregarded my legroom during the test drive because of 42mpg rush hour traffic. Lol. Either way, My only main concern at this time is the legroom. And no, I chose the hatch. A lancer seat should fit in and move back more?
    Lancer seat will not mount or be direct swap either.

The factory are easy to remove though. Take them to a weld shop, have them cut the four mounts off, weld the rear ones closer to the front on the rail, weld a plate to each rail on the front and weld front mounts to them. It would actually be quite easy.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I would just have a welder make two narrow steel plates. The rear of the steel plates may need some support under it. Drill holes that match the existing rails, but move the holes further back on the steel plates. Mount the longer steel plates to the existing mounting bolts. I would then remount the existing seat/rails on top the added plate, but further back. If you don't care about rear passenger leg room while you are driving, I don't see a problem. Whenever you sell your car, you just removed the steel plates and remount things like they were.

I can't say I have done this, but I would just shift the existing seat rails back some if possible.

I had someone at work ask for more leg room, I didnt even bother trying. I don’t feel like taking any liability or blame for someone being injured in an accident cause I jerry rigged a seat mount. Someone could probably figure something out like mark suggested for you though. The seats do have a seat position sensor too keep in mind.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This has been on my todoo list for a while now, and I'm only 5'11"....I have the equipment but just have to get a round toit.My square toits don't fit.....sure wish I had either longer arms or a telescoping steering column to make it perfect.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)