Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I wish they sold 2020 Mitsubishi L200 small Pickup Truck in Canada/USA

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Even basic work trucks have gotten to expensive & fancy. If the cabin floor is carpeted, I wouldn't even call it a truck.
    I'm not sure why Chevy Avalanches have become the template for "trucks" these days. People want to feel "practical" - with such stupid and ugly results. What a looney-tunes culture we live in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I'm not sure why Chevy Avalanches have become the template for "trucks" these days. People want to feel "practical" - with such stupid and ugly results. What a looney-tunes culture we live in.
    Trucks I grew up driving were used to hauled corn silage & small square bales daily. Large load of corn/oats taken the feed mill and feed bags returned to the farm weekly. These trucks were expected to pull large load of chopper boxes of corn in the fall, and wagon loads of hay off the fields in the summer. A trip to the dump happened most weeks. Our loads were so large, we had 2' side boards going around the full box year round. They were 3/4 ton pickups with overload springs added. Regular cabs and RWD. These trucks were affordable and worked extremely hard. You could use a garden hose to clean the floor in them. Adding an FM converter to the AM radio was an upgrade.

My memories of a work truck = hard work!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-05-2020),poorman1 (03-05-2020)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi might bring the L200 and Triton to the USA but probably with a joint production with Nissan's Frontier and Titan.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/29/...kup-us-market/

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27699/...ays-brand-exec
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Speaking of impractical have you seen that L200! lol I'll give the discontinued avalanche some credit, at least you can haul a 4x8 sheet of whatever or even a 2x4 with the tailgate shut and even keep it dry. You could tow 12000lb with an avalanche.......if you had the 8.1L and 4.10 gears Have you seen an envoy xuv, they were even more gimmicky.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-05-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Speaking of impractical have you seen that L200! lol I'll give the discontinued avalanche some credit, at least you can haul a 4x8 sheet of whatever or even a 2x4 with the tailgate shut and even keep it dry. You could tow 12000lb with an avalanche.......if you had the 8.1L and 4.10 gears Have you seen an envoy xuv, they were even more gimmicky.
    Impractical? As we speak some Taliban kid is mounting an .50 cal heavy machine gun on the back of their new Mitsu L200.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-05-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I sort of like my 4' x 8' metal tilt trailer that I bought new in 1994 for $397. It's looks like crap after 26 years, but I don't have a problem throwing crap in it either. Even if I owned a pickup truck, I would be lost without my trailer. I use my trailer to haul my ATV, riding lawn mower, UTV, compact 4WD tractor, firewood, lumber, gravel, wood pellets, etc.. If I need a bucket load or two of gravel, I have no problem with them dumping that in my trailer. I would cringe doing that with a new pickup truck.

My dad & brother have somewhat new pickup trucks. When they have a tough job to do, they pull out one of their three trailers.

When my trailer finally dies, I am replacing it with a $2000 aluminum one. That will last me the rest of my load hauling days. Trucks have their place, but I would be lost without my trailer. Driving stuff on to a trailer and unloading it is so easy. I don't lose sleep over my trailer being stuck outside under a tree either!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-06-2020),poorman1 (03-05-2020)

Well, I just got home from a storage yard out of town where my truck is parked for the winter. Walked through knee high snow,threw some batteries in it and it fired right up. Figured it’d crawl right out in 4low. Well f’n piece of crap retarded garbage junk electric shift pos transfer case doesn’t work ffs. Service 4wd lit up on the cluster. All I could think of was Mark laughing his ass off!! After swearing at it and wiggling every harness and connector I could and checking all the fuses I gave up and left the stupid thing. I’m already looking at an old 95 Chevy with slightly less expensive crap to go wrong. I wish I had my funmins back it had a rubber floor.....
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Mark (03-06-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I did not know there was such a thing as the Mitsubishi Raider pickup truck / Dodge Dakota clone, from like 2006 to 2009.

Must have been an American thing because I haven't seen an older Mitsubishi truck with RVR/Lancer front end ever.

I could be wrong. Maybe it was an unpopular truck, since I see more Americans driving on the freeway near me, than Canadians all the time, so I see all the cars Americans are buying. Near me it's a shortcut from eastern Michigan to NY state for the Americans.

I was thinking about what I said about the Avalanche when I drove past this one farm near my house that has like 4 Avalanches, among other random cars and trucks. Maybe that's it, the Avalanche does have a lot going for it, and the engine is probably rock solid.

I like the 2 door trucks way more than the modern style of truck. Maybe if I had a 2 door truck in the past, I'd get it. Like the 4 door truck's popularity thing. I would rather drive a fancy car than a fancy truck or suv, however the new audi suvs sometimes look better than the cars, so I dunno taste is subjective, that's all it is.

When I drove from Edmonton to Jasper last May, I had a 2019 Santa Fe as a rental, real good deal online, and I loved the size and I thought I wouldn't. Good looking vehicle too and great 8.1 L/100 kms fuel economy for springtime in Alberta and near freezing in the morning. That is great economy ,and that's even with the AWD.

Anyways I would get a trailer for my Mirage but you "can't" get one, I even asked the Mitsubishi guy on my test drive about a trailer option and no bluetooth and he laughed at me the bugger. I can fit a lot in my Mirage with the rear hatch door closed, but I am risking breaking the glass doing what I carry, I just can't buy a truck with the fuel and the insurance, and I like stick shift cars way more. I might get a Hyundai Venue SUV with a 5 speed, but the value drops like a rock.

My Mirage is great handling car in the winter and in the rain, it is just a smallll car, and that is the problem with the Mirage, at least for me. I bought the Mirage yes and 6+ years driving my Mirage and only my Mirage, but it was a splurge buy if anything. Cheap financing.
    Last edited by dspace9; 03-06-2020 at 10:53 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Even though they say no, there are hitches for the mirage and with a stick I don't see why a small trailer would hurt it any.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-06-2020)

I want one now. I've got 2 sxs's now to take camping and haven't found a decent way to haul both and pull an old 30' bumper pull holiday trailer with one truck. Considering buying a 9-10' trailer, putting a hitch on the wifes sorento and taking two vehicles. Or put a flat deck on my 8x9' flat deck on my truck(if it stops being a dick), or get something like this https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1402513734 but 6.5=bad time.

Mirage videos: