Thread: New owner in SW Ontario Canada

New owner in SW Ontario Canada

Hello everyone. I have bought a new 2019 Mirage G4 ES with manual transmission. My delivery date was February 19 and the picture is taken two days later. Curiously, Mirage sedan is a very rare vehicle in Southwest Ontario (Canada). Since 2017 when the G4 model went on sale in Canada I have never seen one in real life until the day I picked up mine -- yes, never test drove a Mirage before buying it

I put some more info about pricing and how I end up buying this car in the “How much did you pay for your Mirage?” thread:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-Mirage/page69

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by twister77; 04-08-2020 at 04:32 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to twister77 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-05-2020)

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

What were you driving before?

Curiously, Mirage sedan is a very rare vehicle in Southwest Ontario (Canada).
    Agreed. I can count on one hand the number of G4's I've seen on the road since they came out in 2017.

And yours will remain rare: Mitsu Canada discontinued the G4 as of this year, though the hatchback carries on for now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

twister77 (03-05-2020)

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Previously I had 2008 Mazda5 manual trans. It was a car family needed at the time, but I personally prefer smaller vehicles. I still remember fondly my base manual 2002 Toyota Echo 2dr coupe which gave me years of service with no issues. I hope my new Mirage G4 will do the same

Regarding the rarity of this particular vehicle in SW Ontario, I kind of get kick out of it

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twister77 View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome.

Previously I had 2008 Mazda5 manual trans. It was a car family needed at the time, but I personally prefer smaller vehicles. I still remember fondly my base manual 2002 Toyota Echo 2dr coupe which gave me years of service with no issues. I hope my new Mirage G4 will do the same

Regarding the rarity of this particular vehicle in SW Ontario, I kind of get kick out of it
    Even though I have never owned a Toyota Echo, I can't think of a better match to the 2000-05 Echo (years they were sold here in the States) than the Mirage. I think the two cars share some common traits. Car critics have been harsh to both of them, but most owners speak highly of them.

I suspect you'll be a happy owner for many years to come. I think former Metro, Echo, Festiva, etc... owners share a better understanding & appreciation for the value of a car like the Mirage.

Welcome to the forum!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

twister77 (03-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by twister77 View Post
    Previously I had 2008 Mazda5 manual trans.
    The last manual transmission minivan! That says a lot about the kind of car person you are. My brother nearly bought one last year (got a manual Scion Xb - 2nd gen - instead).

I still remember fondly my base manual 2002 Toyota Echo 2dr coupe which gave me years of service with no issues. I hope my new Mirage G4 will do the same
    I owned a base 2004 Echo 5-speed hatchback briefly. A solid, quality-built little car. The Mirage reminds me of it.

Oh - feel free to make a garage entry for your G4 ... Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

twister77 (03-05-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Welcome aboard, twister77, and your G4 looks super sharp in that blue, really does.

I'm from deep in SW Ontario myself.

I hope you have better luck at the 'SW Ontario' Mitsu dealer than I have, but my little '14 had a few issues from day one. All fixed and resolved, but it was pulling teeth at times. You got the true 10/10/10 year warranty right? That's a big bonus. Happy motoring, Mirage's a good cars, just the first year cars had more issues than the newer ones.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

twister77 (03-06-2020)