Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ASC light came on - Solved (wrong bulb installed)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

ASC light came on - Solved (wrong bulb installed)

My 2015 DE is just under 100,000 miles. Last night, the ASC light came on while driving. It stays lit up until the car turns off. It returns about 2 or 3 minutes into every drive.

This might be totally unrelated, but this started happening immediately after I replaced the brake light bulbs. I'm wondering if I inadvertently bumped a sensor while doing that.

Thoughts?

There are no sensors to bump...Did you happen to install led bulbs? Some people have issues with them. If that's not the problem find out what the code is stored and go from there. Do you have anything plugged into the obdII port while this happens?
    Drive through lots of rain lately?

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ht-illuminated
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They're standard bulbs, not LED. Ironically, it's raining today in Southern California, but it wasn't raining at all yesterday when the light first came on. Nothing is plugged into the obdII port, either.

Thanks for linking to that thread. I'll see if it eventually goes off on its own. If not, I'll take it to my mechanic to see if there are any codes to read.

On a side note, I am able to activate the "ASC Off" light by holding down the button, so both lights are on simultaneously.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbird89 View Post
    My 2015 DE is just under 100,000 miles. Last night, the ASC light came on while driving. It stays lit up until the car turns off. It returns about 2 or 3 minutes into every drive.

This might be totally unrelated, but this started happening immediately after I replaced the brake light bulbs. I'm wondering if I inadvertently bumped a sensor while doing that.

Thoughts?
    If there's no LED bulbs installed at all (not just brake & turn signals) sounds like a failed wheel speed sensor.

Also, have you had any hard stops?

Have you had the electrical connector by the left side kick panel taken care of (protected) by the recall?

Please keep up posted at to how this goes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Yet no abs light.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yet no abs light.
    Hey Captain Fantastic, didn't you have a bad wheel speed sensor on one of your fleet? Wiring was shot I think...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think I would try putting the old bulbs back in just for the heck of it, to see if the problem goes away.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Update ... my wife is driving the car now and just called me to say both the ABS light and the "ASC off" light have come on, along with the ASC light. I'm planning on taking it in to my mechanic first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm ashamed to admit I have not done the recall. Could that be a factor?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tbird89 For This Useful Post:

ThunderG (03-10-2020)

I'm afraid to answer, I'm offending people without even trying lol.

But wth. Gotta be good at something.

Most of the corrosions problems I've seen or heard of were caused by salt used on the roads flinging off shoes. The recall didn't help much anyways on our work cars. IIRC the recall involves looking at a connector and if it looks fine they glue a thin sheet of plastic to try and stop water from getting at it. It's worth looking at, it doesn't take much to mess up everything on these turds.

But really it could be anything, get it looked at and go from there. If there's a code for wheel speed sensor test the sensor and go from there. I did have a car that saw 99% gravel roads at mad max speeds that had the wiring wear through the wires to one of the rear sensors at 160000 miles. Otherwise I don't recall having a bad sensor?

Do a search on here for abs traction control light on. I'm sure there was another guy from California with a similar problem. He was trying to sell his car too. I'm not as fantastic as other's imply and forgot what the actual problem was.

Was it loose brake lines?
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-10-2020 at 10:04 PM.
    Mirage videos:

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (03-11-2020),ThunderG (03-10-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For the record, these are the bulbs I installed into my brake lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1