Thread: 888 days; Mileage Rate of ownership...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts

888 days; Mileage Rate of ownership...

Hello all. You're fellow OCD owner here. From when I bought this car, I wanted to maximize my warranty coverage ... not that I / we need it so much. But, I'm OCD.

So I did a little study. Done quickly via microsoft excel. There's the Basic Coverage of 5 years / 60,000 miles, which equates to 12,000 miles per year. Then there's the 10/100 Powertrain Coverage. Which is 10 years / 100,000 miles.

Based on my purchase date, I have owned the car for 888 days. And I have 28,980 miles on it. Which is 11,920 miles per year. So I'm right on the 5 year / 60,000 mile rate. But exceeding the Powertrain Coverage rate.

So, I'm going to slow it down just a bit. Because I'm OCD.

A useless thread, I know. But that's where my talents really shine! Detailed consideration of pointless, useless drivel!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Nod (02-14-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Hello all. You're fellow OCD owner here. From when I bought this car, I wanted to maximize my warranty coverage ... not that I / we need it so much. But, I'm OCD.

So I did a little study. Done quickly via microsoft excel. There's the Basic Coverage of 5 years / 60,000 miles, which equates to 12,000 miles per year. Then there's the 10/100 Powertrain Coverage. Which is 10 years / 100,000 miles.

Based on my purchase date, I have owned the car for 888 days. And I have 28,980 miles on it. Which is 11,920 miles per year. So I'm right on the 5 year / 60,000 mile rate. But exceeding the Powertrain Coverage rate.

So, I'm going to slow it down just a bit. Because I'm OCD.

A useless thread, I know. But that's where my talents really shine! Detailed consideration of pointless, useless drivel!
    My 2017 Mirage ES manual came with an added lifetime/unlimited mileage powertrain warranty. I would probably drive myself nuts trying not to void that after reading the fine print. If I thought it added to the cost of the car, I would have told them to keep their extended warranty.

I am near 76,000 miles and beyond 5 years now. I have zero concerns at this point. It's still nice to know the power train warranty is there, but I like cars that never need to be returned to the dealership for anything!