Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand new uninformed idiotic review of the 2020 Mirage on youtube

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I commented and left my 2cents. This guy really shouldn't be reviewing cars! Compares it to a 3 series and a Camry lol it's really hard finding proper car reviews today. I didn't look at any of his other videos but I'm sure they're just videos of him bashing other things he doesn't like.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    He just told me he is going to put down the Galant next. Lol, ewwwwww, internet tough guy!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    He just told me he is going to put down the Galant next. Lol, ewwwwww, internet tough guy!
    You have to admit it's hilarious that he is reviewing cars he has never driven. The video is just a powerpoint slide and a rant via microphone. I made a comment on youtube.. and now he says I'm talking in circles. Whatever.

I found this interesting review from Australia Youtube this afternoon. The guy has a funny hairdo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z1P2u16ASY

Name:  green mirage.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  57.2 KB
    Last edited by dspace9; 03-14-2020 at 04:09 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-14-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Great job boys, this hack is backpedaling hard. He's got more excuses than a jailhouse punk!
    This is my comment that I just added. Nothing I haven’t said many times before.

I paid $9299 ($10,153.70 OTD) for a brand new 2017 Mirage ES manual. A Mirage forum member has 385,000+ miles on his Mirage, & he’s replaced an A/C compressor (plus normal maintenance). I value mpg over horsepower in an economy car. The Honda Fit is a very nice small car. When comparing affordability, reliability, & overall economy, the Fit just couldn’t compete with the Mirage. 34,000 miles later, & I would gladly buy another. A slightly used Mirage is even a better deal. MSRP prices are lame, but who would pay that on any car?

My 78 hp Mirage gets me to work just as fast as my Subaru Forester, & I doubt my Mirage will need an engine replacement like my Forester (taken care of by a class action lawsuit). 7 more Foresters were waiting to have their engines replaced when I picked up mine.

More expensive Toyota Prius c (same highway mpg rating as a Mirage by the way) is already gone in the States. This reviewer must not know the Fit is leaving, too. Yes, 3000 Chevy dealerships may sell more Sparks than the 350 Mitsubishi dealerships, but which individual dealerships are selling more cars?

Do yourself a favor - Read kbb.com consumer reviews & watch European SpaceStar reviews on the Mirage. People who own/drive these cars get it. I am so thankful this car is available in the U.S., & the next updated model will still have the same 5-speed manual powertrain that I love!
    Last edited by Mark; 03-14-2020 at 05:01 AM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    This is my comment that I just added. Nothing I haven’t said many times before.

I paid $9299 ($10,153.70 OTD) for a brand new 2017 Mirage ES manual. A Mirage forum member has 385,000+ miles on his Mirage, & he’s replaced an A/C compressor (plus normal maintenance). I value mpg over horsepower in an economy car. The Honda Fit is a very nice small car. When comparing affordability, reliability, & overall economy, the Fit just couldn’t compete with the Mirage. 34,000 miles later, & I would gladly buy another. A slightly used Mirage is even a better deal. MSRP prices are lame, but who would pay that on any car?

My 78 hp Mirage gets me to work just as fast as my Subaru Forester, & I doubt my Mirage will need an engine replacement like my Forester (taken care of by a class action lawsuit). 7 more Foresters were waiting to have their engines replaced when I picked up mine.

More expensive Toyota Prius c (same highway mpg rating as a Mirage by the way) is already gone in the States. This reviewer must not know the Fit is leaving, too. Yes, 3000 Chevy dealerships may sell more Sparks than the 350 Mitsubishi dealerships, but which individual dealerships are selling more cars?

Do yourself a favor - Read kbb.com consumer reviews & watch European SpaceStar reviews on the Mirage. People who own/drive these cars get it. I am so thankful this car is available in the U.S., & the next updated model will still have the same 5-speed manual powertrain that I love!
    Mark, you add legitimacy to the whole enterprise with your thoughtful and candid retort. I thank you. This is a propaganda war in the extreme gentleman, our battle for a larger list of aftermarket parts!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    You have to admit it's hilarious that he is reviewing cars he has never driven. The video is just a powerpoint slide and a rant via microphone. I made a comment on youtube.. and now he says I'm talking in circles. Whatever.

I found this interesting review from Australia Youtube this afternoon. The guy has a funny hairdo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z1P2u16ASY

Name:  green mirage.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  57.2 KB
    That's a pretty good unbiased review. I don't agree 100% with his ride findings but we have a 2019 which saw some suspension upgrades from the 2015, if I'm not mistaken.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    At least he he will know there is brand loyalty like never before seen

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    At least he he will know there is brand loyalty like never before seen
    With that being said, I try to remain respectful and not attack people. I've seen comments on some car videos that make me shake my head. This is a guys opinion, he didn't come to your house and blow up your car. You're not going to make anyone seriously consider your point of view using insults. Something, something, you attract more bees with honey.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to precisionxt For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by precisionxt View Post
    With that being said, I try to remain respectful and not attack people. I've seen comments on some car videos that make me shake my head. This is a guys opinion, he didn't come to your house and blow up your car. You're not going to make anyone seriously consider your point of view using insults. Something, something, you attract more bees with honey.
    Very true. But he didn't respond to honey, he only doubled down on his bs.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What I don't understand is why people feel like they are doing a beneficial service by complaining about a product that has been found to be satisfactory to others.
    I appreciate the fact that the person posting the video may have a different opinion of the car. So, he or she should not buy one. That doesn't mean the manufacturer should discontinue the car.

My decision to buy a Mirage was based on: 1. I own a 1981 Colt, a great little car and 2. This Website!
    I believe to 'ask the man (or woman) who owns one', if you want a fair opinion of the car. That's what I did. The reviews on this website said enough that I went and test drove one. And bought one that day.
    On my 2nd Mirage. I'd own a third.
    And I have owned MANY cars over the years.
    The Mirage saves me lots of money on gas, and all I've had to do in 90k miles is replace front brakes and four tires, air filters and oil changes.
    And the car still runs and performs as good as new. Over five years of reliable transportation.
    All for $12,900.
    Not bad.

Last edited by tomrad; 03-14-2020 at 09:21 PM.