Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand new uninformed idiotic review of the 2020 Mirage on youtube

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomrad View Post
    What I don't understand is why people feel like they are doing a beneficial service by complaining about a product that has been found to be satisfactory to others.
    I appreciate the fact that the person posting the video may have a different opinion of the car. So, he or she should not buy one. That doesn't mean the manufacturer should discontinue the car.

My decision to buy a Mirage was based on: 1. I own a 1981 Colt, a great little car and 2. This Website!
    I believe to 'ask the man (or woman) who owns one', if you want a fair opinion of the car. That's what I did. The reviews on this website said enough that I went and test drove one. And bought one that day.
    On my 2nd Mirage. I'd own a third.
    And I have owned MANY cars over the years.
    The Mirage saves me lots of money on gas, and all I've had to do in 90k miles is replace front brakes and four tires, air filters and oil changes.
    And the car still runs and performs as good as new. Over five years of reliable transportation.
    All for $12,900.
    Not bad.
    Yea eh you gotta appreciate your car for what it goes through, whether crappy weather, potholes, the wind, you name it. My Mirage has taken me many places locally, and all the way to UP Michigan. At the end of the day, my 2014 Mirage still steers straight and gets great gas mileage after 6 years of ownership. I wish the interior heat was better in the winter. Car starts up great in 0 F weather.

Cars are so common you forget what a marvelous piece of machinery it is, from 0 F to taking you home in a seat.

Hard to believe it's been 6 years since I picked up my new Mirage. On the same Saturday some guy picked up his new EVO, must have been delivered on the same ship. What a car. Anyway, I could get another 6 years out of my Mirage easy, and maybe many more. I have only owned 3 cars total in 20 years of driving.

Last edited by dspace9; 03-14-2020 at 10:29 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have driven my mirage on many a road trip so far. Several trips from NJ to PA. Also a long trip from NJ to Arkansas. Another trip from NJ to Florida. 16k Miles in about 6 months. The last time I brought it to the dealer they were marveling at how many miles I put on it. I told them I bought it to go places LOL. Plus I am still spending less on gas than before. The only thing that got my car was the NJ potholes and after a quality alignment I am steering straight again.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Lol, he turned the comments off. More heat than he could handle!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-15-2020),Fummins (03-15-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    He also changed the title to "The Mitsubishi Mirage is a Fantastic Value" - a deceptive title as I doubt the message was changed.

Knowing where this was going, I didn't waste time watching it. Doesn't anyone else get tired of this oversensitive reaction to negative reviews? How is this different from 'Snowflake' culture?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    The ultimate target is Doug DeMuro, that double tshirt wearing hack.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    He also changed the title to "The Mitsubishi Mirage is a Fantastic Value" - a deceptive title as I doubt the message was changed.

Knowing where this was going, I didn't waste time watching it. Doesn't anyone else get tired of this oversensitive reaction to negative reviews? How is this different from 'Snowflake' culture?
    We live in a time of massive amounts of misinformation Eggman. If this was a a subject that wasn't tangible like the use of pronouns I'd agree with you, but no he called the Mirage a bad value. He could call it slow, unrefined, cheap, etc. But a bad value and unreliable, and the fact he's never owned one, that sir, has to be challenged.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    We live in a time of massive amounts of misinformation Eggman. If this was a a subject that wasn't tangible like the use of pronouns I'd agree with you, but no he called the Mirage a bad value. He could call it slow, unrefined, cheap, etc. But a bad value and unreliable, and the fact he's never owned one, that sir, has to be challenged.
    Personally I don't see misinformation as anything new - it's just more easily spread. Think snake oil.

While I agree that it's important to separate fact from fiction, I don't think the Mirage is anything to get so worked up over. Don't get me wrong - I appreciate this community of Mirage fans. That's why I joined here in the first place, to get away from the negative hyperbole and rhetoric and get to the facts of the matter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Transcript

Since The CarGuy changed the title of the video, I wondered if he changed the message at all. Here's the transcript courtesy of Youtube. With this we can pick apart and dissect every thing The CarGuy says about the Mirage.

Of all the criticism of the Mirage I've seen since 2015, I'm trying to find something new here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Youtube
    Why does the Mitsubishi Mirage exist in today's time I honestly have no idea I don't like the Mirage or at least this new Mirage it looks very weird and so today we're going to talk about the Mirage hatch and why it doesn't need to exist in today's time of SUVs and crossovers and pickup trucks so let's get straight to it today we are going to talk about the Mirage tell you some of the sales numbers or show you some of the sales numbers its trims its pros and it's cons so let's go ahead and get started with talking about the Mirage so the Mirage is um a rather interesting car I don't necessarily know why Mitsubishi decide to revive it back in 2014 but nonetheless Mitsubishi said we should revive something the Eclipse the Endeavour no what about that little small thing oh yeah yeah the Mirage but should make it a City yeah when we get this sedan we'll also make it a hatchback and so on that's what Mitsubishi did they made the Mirage and so today we're talking about the Mirage hatch in why it's stupid so you know England they actually got a decent version of the mirage this is the English version of the mirage or the UK version of the mirage and it actually doesn't look too bad it looks nice I could actually live with this Mirage as a daily car it actually doesn't look too bad but you know I'm putting nice in the air quotes because this is not necessarily still a nice car it's still very ugly but it's nice compared to what we get here in the United States was just a blob of metal and plastic and glass instead here deal with it and so we have to deal with it it's like if you had to turn in a project which he did it on the last minute so you get what you did and that's what we did Mississippi she didn't try Mitsubishi no they didn't try but Mitsubishi said well I want to interest compact hatchback market - for whatever because like 47,000 people actually like those cars but nonetheless now let's go ahead and talk about the cars pros because that's quite interesting only three of them I tried to be nice to this car I really did but there's nothing nice to say except for these three things first it's the class leader or the class second-place leader of inexpensiveness the versa is technically the class leader but whatever it starts like 39.95 so just a hair under 14 grand and for that price I'd say you're getting nothing you're not getting a reliable car you're not getting a decent car you're not getting a good-looking car you're not getting anything other than a car the real reason why people buy this car is so that they can go and brag to their friends who has a 2004 Dodge Neon and they can finally say I have a new car and then everyone is so excited that things I think are because you know a new car is something special right wrong because when your friends see that they'll be thankful for their 2004 Dodge Neon with missing hubcaps but anyway the second thing is it is fuel-efficient it's the class leader pretty much for this class of 36 City 43 Highway not too bad but you know what else is better a Prius you just won't be able to say I have a brand new Prius which no one is going to brag that they have a Prius even if it is 10 years old for 39.95 so this is probably the best bet if you want a new car with a good fuel economy this is it because a Prius is well into the 20s but anyway I think finally it is practical 47 cubic feet we're definitely entering subcompact crossover territory right there not too many cars of this class are going to be able to crack you know 45 50 but the Mirage comes very close to 50 so those are the pros of the Mirage I really tried these are the three best things these are the three only things I could say nice about this collar so let's move on to the cons so the cons of the Mirage there are a lot of them so if you want to skip to a different part of the video you can go ahead and do that right now cuz we're gonna spend a lot of time talking about this cars cost so the first one is it is severely underpowered 78 horsepower there aren't too many cars you know with less than a hundred horsepower there's not I'm just gonna tell you right now and you can look and look and look there's only one other car which is the Chevy spark and even then they come real close to a hundred talking ninety-eight horsepower while this thing is stuck in the 70s that is very that that is very bad there's not even any 90s cars in the 80s cars really I mean they do have them but even then they still had over a hundred horsepower even if it is a hundred five it's still over a hundred horsepower then if we take a look at some of this compact hatchbacks of today's era the Ford Fiesta which is not a fiesta to own but whatever that thing gets a hundred twenty horsepower the the Honda Fit gets roughly a hundred twenty horsepower the Yaris makes a little over a hundred horsepower and then this thing even the spark makes ninety eight horsepower which is not good by any modern or objective standards but there's way better than 78 it gets 98 horsepower man this thing is just stuck at 78 Mitsubishi definitely up their game with that poor technology now this is not just the Mirage I'm not just talkingabout the Mirage on this one I'm talking about every subcompact hatchback which kind of makes sense because they are cheap but still the fact that you're not getting a backup camera until it's federally mandated that's something that should not be the camry has given you a back up camera standard if I recall since 2012 or 13 all the luxury cars are giving you back up camera standard there aren't too many cars that are giving you backup cameras as an option anymore but if you have the Mirage in 2017 it's still an option up until time 18 of course and it's not just that push button sorry you're missing you're lacking a lot of you know normal everyday options that you would want to find in a normal rational vehicle you should not be having a 2020 car and still have to manually roll up your windows so you have a backup camera so you can see what's behind you but you're still having to crank the windows like it's in 1997 chevrolet cavalier it makes no sense but neither does this car interior quality is is it's no better it really isn't you're able to see half of the car when you're just inside of it like when I mean half of the car I mean you can see the cars internals that's something you shouldn't be able to see in any car even the versa engineers that stuff out and yet the Mirage they give it to you anyway because this Mitsubishi they could do it because they want to and they don't really care about the repercussions anyway the ride quality is next very bumpy very jiggly its overall not a very good ride walking riding a bike riding a city bus is better than driving yourself around town in the Mitsubishi Mirage because you feel like you're in a Stamps Miata whenever you see a pothole because you have to carefully go around it even in the luxury car you'd want to go around it but it won't hurt that much to go over a pothole in like a 3 Series than it would in the Mirage the Mirage is just truly an awful car inside and out next is odd styling and I know this is sort of subjective but I don't really care a lot of people think it's ugly I wanted them if you look at a mirage with a back Kiner do you know what I mean um they just kind of stuck that on there like okay so you're not gonna try to conceal it a lot of cars they did these kind concealer into their brand logo and then it pops up whenever you're in rehearse or you need to clean it but nope not the Mirage it it's just stuck on there like you can definitely tell the difference between one with and one without a backup camera there is no attempt at any sort of anything with that car it's just flush if you don't have one and a giant camera like you're trying to spy on the cars behind you if you do have a backup camera which is um that's fun um the door handles now this one is a little bit nitpicky but the door handles its next I'm simply just because you only have one way to open them and they're not like any modern door handles region you know pulling from both front and back now I know that's a little bit of a nitpicky one or a weird one but considering that there's only one other car that does not have dwarf handles like every other car which is the Dodge Charger yeah Mississippi she definitely needs to change those doors and I like I said I know it's a little bit weird but that's just something I happen to notice about the Mirage that you know even the Honda Fit has taken care of even the Nissan Versa does have that anyway uh poor Becks poor backseat space if you plan on using this you know the hall people don't um very poor backseat space I don't even know who thought that was okay but it honestly is not okay how much backseat space you get if you're even slightly tall like if you're over five feet you're gonna have a problem getting in and out of this car because it's just so tight back there like any other car is tight any other so compact cars tight but not that tight now especially if you're over five eight five nine you're definitely a mass amici's because that is just Nicholas how much knee room is backseat room they give you and then zero to 60 time eleven point seven tickets if you're a rational human being you you probably don't care about was ero to sixty time but even if you're a rational human being I'll tell you right now twelve seconds we're encroaching on huge pickup truck levels and 18-wheeler levels there should not be a car doing zero to sixty in 12 seconds it just does not make any sense now slow this car is in especially if you're trying to merge onto the highway that'll be a fun trip if you're trying to merge onto the highway because you're probably get still gonna be going 55 when everyone else is already hitting their top speed but yet you're still trying to just barely go to 60 and I'm telling you 60 is probably as fast as usual as you'd want to push this car you go seventy eighty yeah you're definitely you have some issues cuz it I end here you're the exterior it's not made to go even 75 it's not even made to go 65 and yes it's me she still thinks it's okay to sell it in America where everyone goes like 30 miles over Stephen anyway and finally bad handling it's very vague is very body roll it I don't even know you thought that was a good idea like so compact cars in general are bad but this is really really bad the car like you turn the wheel in the car decides whether it's going to go the way you suggest or no pretty much when you turn the wheel it's more of a suggestion or an advisory rather than a command like in most cars you turn as soon as you turn the wheel it's automatically going but in this car it's gonna Congress gonna kind of take you turning the wheel as sort of a little suggestion like I suggest you turn left you don't have to but I suggest it so they Mirage that do it anyway so those are the cons of the Mirage I'm sorry this part was a little bit but I had to see because really the Mirage the Mirage can do better than that I know they can they put a lot of work into their little Outlander and yet they can't put a lot of work into this I got it anyway so now we move on to the little chart with the with the trim levels pretty much this is the trim level chart that I do in a lot of my videos now and if you look on the top right-hand side of your screen it's for the 2020 model year so if you have a 2016 Mirage yellow my 60 mirages are now back well the last about your 2016 Mirage either anyway so let's go ahead and read off the trim levels we have the es which is a base model elite le the SE and the GT which is a top of line models I'm pretty sure it has navigation still an option with whatever so the es is 39.95 and I guarantee you that this thing still has cranked windows and manual transmission and barely any climate controls that that's just ridiculous anyway and I'm only gonna read off the engine once it has a 1.2 liter 3-cylinder making 78 horsepower that's all of the engines and this made it to a 5-speed manual or a two-speed CVT I don't even know anyway the Le is next and it starts at 16 195 but still not outside of the $20,000 but will you get into the toys and that's when I'm gonna have a problem with the Mirage so like I said the Le is a starts at 16 195 and has made it to a two-speed CVT again I'm done reading off the transmissions because pretty much they're all the same from here the SE starts at 16 745 so I just go outside and get the SE if you're looking at the Le it's only seven car payments more than what you're already making because a car payment for this car is like $84 anyway and so like I said 16 745 and then the GT which is the top of line model starts 17 to 95 and yeah that that's that's not very good considering that the GT has a two-speed CVT and 78 horsepower that it's not necessarily the GT that I'm thinking of right now but you know this is Mitsubishi I can't expected to do what I need them to do because their Mitsubishi they're gonna do what they wanted anyway now you've gone through these sales numbers these 2014 so so this is from 2014 through 19 for both the mirage and the fit i'm using the fit as sort of the good car comparison for this for this class or the segment and so let's go ahead and get started 2014 they sold 16,000 little mirages now I tried to find just for the Mirage hatch I couldn't so this is for the Mirage hatch and g4 that's that's that's nice 16,000 of them were sold in 14 and 2015 they sold 21,000 in 2016 they sold 20 2017 they sold another 20 2018 they sold 24,000 19 they told they sold 26,000 and then total they sold about one hundred thirty-four thousand of these little cars just yeah the the Purdy Outlander can probably out sell this car six model years in one model year maybe two because the Outlander is not a very good selling car either but this but is Miss B she's best selling car anyway the average for all of these I just mentioned is about 22,000 and little mirages being sold that's bad then for the fit in 2014 they sold 59 thousand and 2015 they sold 50 mm in 2016 they sold 56 thousand and 2017 they sold 49 thousand and 2018 they sold 35,000 and they sold another 35,000 soin total they saw that 288 thousand of these on average they doubled it by you know forty eight thousand for the fit versus the average on twenty of twenty two thousand four and they also doubled the total number from 134 to 288 anyway so now let's go ahead and head back to the overall purpose of this video why mitsubishi needs to cancel with mirage so the mirage it's honestly just here there's really no point of the mirage being you know a car it's slow it's ugly it's weird it's very unreliable the interior is bad everything about this car is bad but yet it's here for one of two reasons the first reason i can see anybody wanting the mirage it's just for you know you have a you have a teen driver you just need them you don't want them to go fast you don't really want them do anything you just need a safe opening safe and air close because this thing is not necessarily safe but you need something that's just gonna get them by for high school for college whatever then the mirage might be for them or for them to learn how to drive in or whatever and this is mostly bought by rental car agencies who just need a car to rent out which six people actually want to rent out and half of those people are renting those are renting this car out because see how bad it is and i guarantee this thing is very bad this is bought by middle school art teachers because they don't really have taste in cars they also both they also buy Volkswagen Beetles which is only which is nice Emin driving instructors those are the three people or the three groups of people who actually buy the Mirage none of them except that middle school art teacher buy the Mirage because they want it they buy it because is cheap and it's somewhat reliable again putting reliable in air quotes because it's not really reliable the Mirage is just it doesn't need to be a thing anymore the Mirage was never cool but you know when they rebirthed it everybody thought oh go they're reversing some of the Mitsubishi's they rebirth the wrong thing because I garrison I guarantee you the Galant would outsell this thing if it were still around and yet you know Mitsubishi as you said we could revive some of the cool card lore now we could revive something that only seven people wanted in the first place and so that's what they did Mitsubishi is wasting money keeping this thing around it's just as useless as a penny is nobody wants either one of those nobody needs either one of those they have no value and soon they should be both discontinued the penny and the Mirage so that was the Mitsubishi Mirage and why I think they should cancel it I hope you guys enjoyed and I will see you in the next video
    I dunno - sounds like The CarGuy is afraid of/scared by the Mirage.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

He may have turned the comments off, but we can still thumbs down him. I was lucky number 13 13 down/5 up right now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Personally I don't see misinformation as anything new - it's just more easily spread. Think snake oil.

While I agree that it's important to separate fact from fiction, I don't think the Mirage is anything to get so worked up over. Don't get me wrong - I appreciate this community of Mirage fans. That's why I joined here in the first place, to get away from the negative hyperbole and rhetoric and get to the facts of the matter.
    There's is a point to All this besides soothing hurt feelings. It's aftermarket parts selection. The more we post on what good cars this, the more it'll steer people in the direction of possible buying one. Those numbers go up, then we will have more companies producing said parts that we might need in the future. Hell, maybe even 165 tire prices will go down. You should get aboard on this Eggman. It serves a purpose.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

precisionxt (03-15-2020)