Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Brand new uninformed idiotic review of the 2020 Mirage on youtube

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Otherwise, you're adding tinsel to a k-car.
    Now wait just a dang minute here... The nicer K cars were pretty awesome inside. Especially the Town and Country with the Mark Cross leather. Most comfortable seats ever.

-Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I own a 2014 Mirage ES, and I paid $12,495 + taxes, shipping etc. Expensive to me, but has been a pretty good car for my requirements ever since.

I could never imagine driving a fully-loaded Mirage. It's a car to be bought in basic form.

Otherwise, you're adding tinsel to a k-car.
    I wouldn't buy a loaded Mirage brand new, I won't argue with that. As far as used goes, who cares. The depreciation is terrible across the board so I really don't see a big difference if at all between a used loaded model and a base. I wasn't looking for a loaded turd pail but that's all I could find at the time. The same goes for Metro.

I'd rather have ac and keyless entry though. They're not a deal breaker for a winter beater but if I'm gonna drive a cheap azz tin can around might as well be somewhat comfortable. But some people look at extra options as just another thing to complain about when they don't work properly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sorry Dodge Aries K, I literally thought of you right after I wrote that. But I was just trying to drive home a point. One of my pet peeves is too many accessories on economy cars. Don't get me started on luxury trucks. If I had lots of money to blow on a vehicle, I'd be buying something German.

That said, I'm sure those T & C seats are comfy. My friends parents growing up had an 80s full-size Chrysler, and the seats really were superbly comfy. Velvet red, like a couch. Like a couch people used to put plastic over, for preservation.

Fummins you're right, if you're buying used, who cares. The more accessories the merrier. I'm skeptical though about tonnes of accessories that could eventually break.

I've seen a post on the Forum here of what happens to a 5 speed leather shifter after 100k miles. Glad I have the plastic.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh I don't care that much hahaha. But yeah those 80's Chrysler's... while not stellar in build quality were usually very comfortable.

Also, I know I'm more of the minority here, but I appreciate well equipped small cars. I bought an SE model new and that's mostly because I couldn't find a GT which I'm a bit sad about now after the fact because I really wanted the heated seats. I get the base model existing too for people who don't want extra stuff, but I'm glad it's offered if you want it. Although I would have gladly purchased an SE or GT with a stick if one was sold because I prefer a manual transmission. The fact that it isn't offered on the nicer model especially when it used to be is just stupid to me.

A buddy of mine recently bought a used 2010 Mazduh 3. It has literally every damn option but with a manual. Navigation, leather, heated seats, climate control, sunroof, Bose audio, etc. That's the kind of car I'd buy new (except not a Mazda) if it was offered. I had the higher end 2019 Corolla XSE hatchback with a manual and it was a very nice vehicle inside... I miss it from time to time but that whole situation was a total mess.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-20-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Oh I don't care that much hahaha. But yeah those 80's Chrysler's... while not stellar in build quality were usually very comfortable.

Also, I know I'm more of the minority here, but I appreciate well equipped small cars. I bought an SE model new and that's mostly because I couldn't find a GT which I'm a bit sad about now after the fact because I really wanted the heated seats. I get the base model existing too for people who don't want extra stuff, but I'm glad it's offered if you want it. Although I would have gladly purchased an SE or GT with a stick if one was sold because I prefer a manual transmission. The fact that it isn't offered on the nicer model especially when it used to be is just stupid to me.
    You may already know this, but

The 2017 SE was either manual or CVT. I believe Pryme owns a couple 2017 SE manuals. Below is him driving one for all of us to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWNlrdFyA9I

The added LE trim (less $$$ than the SE) comes with heated seats.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've seen that the 17 had SE with a stick. Unfortunately, when it was time to start looking at these for me that was no longer an option which sucks because I would have bought one in the first place and probably still had it.

And yes, the LE does have heated seats but it has those damn infernal knobs for the climate control which I don't like so the SE was bar none the lowest trim I'd purchase myself as far as 2019's go. My used Mirages all have the digital climate control too as they're older... I'd never buy one without it again. The digital climate ones have colder a/c. I don't know why, but I've checked several cars and the compressor stays on longer. I've even been told this by a service writer at Biggers Mitsubishi as they've had complaints from several people about the a/c system and all in cars with the manual climate controls. He also said he asked people who bought the ones with the temp control and they had nothing bad to say about the a/c at all.

They added the digital climate back as standard for the 2020 which is why my wife bought one of those but an ES. She loves her car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've seen that the 17 had SE with a stick. Unfortunately, when it was time to start looking at these for me that was no longer an option which sucks because I would have bought one in the first place and probably still had it.

And yes, the LE does have heated seats but it has those damn infernal knobs for the climate control which I don't like so the SE was bar none the lowest trim I'd purchase myself as far as 2019's go. My used Mirages all have the digital climate control too as they're older... I'd never buy one without it again. The digital climate ones have colder a/c. I don't know why, but I've checked several cars and the compressor stays on longer. I've even been told this by a service writer at Biggers Mitsubishi as they've had complaints from several people about the a/c system and all in cars with the manual climate controls. He also said he asked people who bought the ones with the temp control and they had nothing bad to say about the a/c at all.

They added the digital climate back as standard for the 2020 which is why my wife bought one of those but an ES. She loves her car.
    Features seem really important to you, & there's nothing wrong with that. I prefer the manual climate controls. I don't have any problem with my A/C working properly.

I like the simplicity of knobs and buttons.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    ...he asked people who bought the ones with the temp control and they had nothing bad to say about the a/c at all.
    Because they haven't had to replace the auto temp control head yet...

Name:  controls.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  49.8 KB

The good news is you can buy these on eBay for about $50. I keep meaning to buy a spare one myself.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Fortunately, I've never had one of these units fail in a car ever... and that includes lots of old Chrysler's where electronics failing is the name of the game.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Fortunately, I've never had one of these units fail in a car ever... and that includes lots of old Chrysler's where electronics failing is the name of the game.
    The fool that created the poor review of the Mirage pulled it a few days ago now.

Yet, this thread will continue on. That's what I like about visiting this forum!

Stay healthy everyone!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-20-2020)