Page 23 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Edit: I think I found a loop hole. Aparently jeeps and trucks aren't considered ohv Time to look for a desperate Jeep seller. This one looks pretty trail ready
    Be sure to post some videos when you take that Compass off-roading.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Things keep getting more fuked....Now they just decided to put a f'n fire and ohv ban on. I do get why but it sucks donkey balls. Time to pick up knitting I guess. There's still snow on the ground and more on the way. Won't be long til we're forced to stay inside altogether.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6813805/a...ires-covid-19/

Edit: I think I found a loop hole. Aparently jeeps and trucks aren't considered ohv Time to look for a desperate Jeep seller. This one looks pretty trail ready : https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...6492?undefined
    I pulled the snow tires off my Mirage & took the chains off my ATV. I left the snow tires on my Forester.

We had snow the other night & some light flurries at the moment. I fear freezing rain more than snow this time of year, & temperatures have dropped this week in Wisconsin. For me, pulling snow tires off to early usually brings regret!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This is probably the best video I've seen on how to survive the global apocalypse by growing your own veges indoors

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-grow-v...=pocket-newtab

Make your house a greenhouse, and then grow wheat in the backyard

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    Trump check? How much would that be?
    $1200

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And 500 dollars per child, and 600 dollars a week, plus unemployment extension of 13 weeks on top of the normal 26.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    With hardly anywhere to go (working from home but in IT for a local government so going in when needed), I went a full 32 days between fill-ups. $1.59 on Thursday. I was on the last bar, and it still only cost $10.73. Would've been under $9 if I'd been able to wait until today, when I saw it for $1.27. 45.3mpg, not bad for a 3 mile commute. Looking for the silver linings.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wellswebdesign For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellswebdesign View Post
    With hardly anywhere to go (working from home but in IT for a local government so going in when needed), I went a full 32 days between fill-ups. $1.59 on Thursday. I was on the last bar, and it still only cost $10.73. Would've been under $9 if I'd been able to wait until today, when I saw it for $1.27. 45.3mpg, not bad for a 3 mile commute. Looking for the silver linings.
    Hey wellswebdesign, nice to see you around. How's your Mirage? Was it you who first reported on the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires?

Found the thread: My new OEM-size tires: Vredestein Quatrac 5

I hope you can give an update on how are they holding up for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey wellswebdesign, nice to see you around. How's your Mirage? Was it you who first reported on the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires?

Found the thread: My new OEM-size tires: Vredestein Quatrac 5

I hope you can give an update on how are they holding up for you.
    Thanks, car is holding up good. I haven't been around much, but I did post a "5 year ownership report" recently (5 year ownership report). Visually, tread depth looks great, I need to get unlazy and get my gauge out. Only about 15k miles into them so far, so I'm hoping for a few more years. I kept my Saturn for like 16 years, so I'm not getting rid of the Mirage anytime soon. Hoping to get at least 5 more years out of it. My wife's Hyundai Accent is 10 years old now, (mostly) problem free, but with the 0% interest deals right now, we're keeping an eye out. She wants something a little bigger, Outlander Sport or Kia Kona, something in the Compact SUV range.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

It's been a few months since this **** started, hopefully everyone is still kicking. I personally don't know a soul or even friend of friend that knows anyone who's actually had the covid.
    Things are close to being back to normal here. Sure doesn't look the same is happening everywhere though. I can't remember the last time I've gone this many months without having some kind of cold or sickness. Not having the kids attending the local germ factory(school) probably helps a lot.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't know anyone personally who has had it or even tested positive for it yet. But, some of my wife's co-workers have had it (she's been working from home since mid-March). We've been mostly staying home, doing a lot of home-delivery and only going out as necessary. I've read enough first-hand accounts of people who have had it, and doctors and nurses who have treated it, to know that even if it doesn't kill you (which it's not likely to if you're under 65 and healthy), it's NOT something that you want to go through.

Needless to say, things are downright stupid here in FL. Governor wants to follow the president's "reopen the economy, it'll end on its own" guidance, which is CLEARLY not working. But, at least our big city mayors took action, and major county governments followed suit. Mask ordinances in place throughout most of West Central Florida. I just hope they're not too late, and that enough people follow the requirement, even if they don't understand or agree with the need.

We closed our driving school mid-March when the first cases started appearing in FL and the state shut down non-essential businesses. We reopened about the 2nd week of May when the state said we could. Total confirmed cases in the county were just over 800 at that time (population is just under 1 million), and we required our instructors to wear masks in the car, and cleaned the cars between lessons.

Right about June 15, we started seeing the spike in cases. It was headed toward doubling every two weeks vs doubling every two months. We decided to start requiring our students to wear masks in the car, as well, to avoid either contracting the disease ourselves, or spreading it around to all of our students and thier families if we did.

It took the City of St. Petersburg about 5 days to come to the same conclusion, and the counties all around us over a week to follow suit... during that time, cases in Pinellas County (St Pete/Clearwater and the beaches) had nearly doubled from 2400 to over 4000. Now we're over 6000, and our neighboring county of Hillsborough (Tampa) is over 10k. And still doubling at a rate of about every week to two weeks.

I kept close tabs on what went on in NYC. I really hope they don't let it get that bad here before people start waking up to how serious this is.

[/soapbox]

Name:  COVID-Jun29.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  90.8 KB

Simplify and add lightness.