Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Done and done!

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    We've had lots of changes at the places I work in response to this outbreak. Mostly screening individuals for symptoms at this point.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Anyone care to explain the correlation with COVID19 and then immediately hoarding on toilet paper? LOL

Anyways, the Governor of MN closed schools for the week. Next week is spring break. So, 2 weeks of 'no school'. My wife's workplace just told everyone to work from home. I'm not working from home at the moment. But overall, im just glad it's getting "contained" I guess. At least it's not rapidly spreading, like 1,000+ people getting catching it locally.

It's just insane that most stores/grocery stores, they're out of TP and Sanitizers.. (sighs). Guess I'll hoard gasoline incase? lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, I don't get the tp hoarding either. Maybe people are thinking they can resell it? Those people clearly haven't seen the waffle stomp in the shower memes yet. There's a lot to be learned.
    I can see gas being the next stupid thing people go crazy over. Or laundry soap.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    Anyone care to explain the correlation with COVID19 and then immediately hoarding on toilet paper? LOL

Anyways, the Governor of MN closed schools for the week. Next week is spring break. So, 2 weeks of 'no school'. My wife's workplace just told everyone to work from home. I'm not working from home at the moment. But overall, im just glad it's getting "contained" I guess. At least it's not rapidly spreading, like 1,000+ people getting catching it locally.

It's just insane that most stores/grocery stores, they're out of TP and Sanitizers.. (sighs). Guess I'll hoard gasoline incase? lol
    My theory on toilet paper is that a bunch of people got the "bright" idea to profit from some of the confusion...and try to induce demand.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to timw4mail For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (03-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I'm going to get a set of heated seats from a wrecked GT this week. About a 3 hour drive one way. Should have mostly empty roads and am supporting a small(ish) business during these crappy times. Also, support your local restaurants and stuff if they have to switch to curbside pickup or delivery.
    Never mind. Someone damaged the seats in the junkyard car. Dang it.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Never mind. Someone damaged the seats in the junkyard car. Dang it.
    Bummer. At least you didn't drive out there to find out.

I wonder if the heaters are still usable?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought a couple of gas masks a few years back to use in the event of a nuclear attack. Never thought I would need them for protection against the common flu.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    Guess I'll hoard gasoline incase? lol
    Ironically, gas is cheaper than it's been for quite some time. Yet, everyone is being encouraged to stay put.

We have spring break new week (my district in Wisconsin), but it basically started today. Teachers are reporting to school without students this week. We are preparing to do more on-line instruction for after spring break.

I don't get the hoarding of TP either? I went to Walmart last night. There wasn't a loaf of bread on the shelf. All brands of frozen pizza were cleared out. I could go on with some other stuff. I live/work near a town of 5,000. Walmart is the only grocery store left in town, & it has been that way for couple years now. We do have a couple dollar type stores, however. It's easy to see what's being hoarded in my area. TP was sold out as Wednesday. They had some in stock again last night, but I buy something like that (huge pack) 3 times a year maybe? I restrained from buying/overstocking it!

As a teacher, I do feel like I work in a petri dish. I hope these actions/measures make a difference!

Stay healthy everyone!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Ironically, gas is cheaper than it's been for quite some time.
    Between the Delorean, Ford truck, Mirage, gas cans, generators and lawn mowers, I have over 70 gallons of gas.

I made sure I filled everything up a few days ago. I have a 12v lower pressure pump I can use to move gas between vehicles if needed.

I still think this thing is being over hyped, but should the zombie apocalypse truly happen, I will have gasoline.

I totally love this stuff. I've been prepping since hurricane Katrina hit back in 2005.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

fc321 (03-21-2020)