Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Between the Delorean, Ford truck, Mirage, gas cans, generators and lawn mowers, I have over 70 gallons of gas.

I made sure I filled everything up a few days ago. I have a 12v lower pressure pump I can use to move gas between vehicles if needed.

I still think this thing is being over hyped, but should the zombie apocalypse truly happen, I will have gasoline.

I totally love this stuff. I've been prepping since hurricane Katrina hit back in 2005.
    Personally, I think fuel is the one thing that won't have a shortage. States shutting down schools across the country alone is decreasing demand. It more than just busing, because many parents drive their kids to school. Trips for spring break are being cancelled. People are being told to stay put.

I have zero concern about fuel. I'm not going to starve or run out of ammo either. Another thing I don't get? Stock piling ammo? I hunt more than most people I know. Why would I need more ammo this time of year?

I was disappointed about all the frozen pizza being sold out last night, however! I hate cooking some nights!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Personally, I think fuel is the one thing that won't have a shortage. States shutting down schools across the country alone is decreasing demand. It more than just busing, because many parents drive their kids to school. Trips for spring break are being cancelled. People are being told to stay put.

I have zero concern about fuel. I'm not going to starve or run out of ammo either. Another thing I don't get? Stock piling ammo? I hunt more than most people I know. Why would I need more ammo this time of year?

I was disappointed about all the frozen pizza being sold out last night, however! I hate cooking some nights!
    You live in a big dangerous city and you'd understand stock piling ammo lol. Thank God this virus isnt a big killer like the 1918 Spainish Flu was because it wouldn't take much for people to start rioting and looting. You take away food and fuel and people turn into animals sadly. Humanity's true nature.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You live in a big dangerous city and you'd understand stock piling ammo lol. Thank God this virus isnt a big killer like the 1918 Spainish Flu was because it wouldn't take much for people to start rioting and looting. You take away food and fuel and people turn into animals sadly. Humanity's true nature.
    I don't know of anyone stockpiling ammo. It's been happening in other parts of the country. Closer to your neighborhood than mine.

https://www.al.com/coronavirus/2020/...gun-shops.html

Name:  9C241C86-C677-46B6-B3E8-6230345221B4.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  68.0 KB I don’t even have a gun. I do have a yard full of frozen dog turds I could throw if times get tough. I’m not worried about lack of fuel. We have lots and the price of oil sucks so it’s cheap right now.

Last time gas was down to 50cents a liter I filled a 55gallon drum with a bunch of stabil. After buying a pump I figure I didn’t really save much, and having a steel drum bomb in my driveway that woke me up with a bang as it cooled every night just wasn’t worth it. I’m more worried about all the layoffs and thefts going up.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Schools are closed, my gym closed, restaurants and other businesses banned from in house seating if over 50ppl etc.

A reality check from the fear mongering MSM...

Avg age of death from Corona: 80
    Death rate for people 35-50: 0.02%
    Amount of people under 10 who have died worldwide: Zero
    Percentage of victims under 18: 2.4%

Deaths in the United states from Corona virus: 87
    Deaths last year from flu in the United states: 61-80,000

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

fc321 (03-21-2020),poorman1 (03-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Schools are closed, my gym closed, restaurants and other businesses banned from in house seating if over 50ppl etc.

A reality check from the fear mongering MSM...

Avg age of death from Corona: 80
    Death rate for people 35-50: 0.02%
    Amount of people under 10 who have died worldwide: Zero
    Percentage of victims under 18: 2.4%

Deaths in the United states from Corona virus: 87
    Deaths last year from flu in the United states: 61-80,000
    The latest numbers I gathered this morning from the US CDC website:

COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*
    Total cases: 3,487
    Total deaths: 68
    While there are many similarities between COVID-19 and typical influenza strains, COVID-19 is found to settle a little deeper in the lungs and last a little longer. The major concern has been overwhelming medical facilities abilities to deal with this. Slowing it's spread is the best way to get all patients the care they need.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (03-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    The latest numbers I gathered this morning from the US CDC website:

While there are many similarities between COVID-19 and typical influenza strains, COVID-19 is found to settle a little deeper in the lungs and last a little longer. The major concern has been overwhelming medical facilities abilities to deal with this. Slowing it's spread is the best way to get all patients the care they need.
    Point is they are going a bit overboard imo. Most ppl I've seen interviewed say it's not that bad one guy said hes had worse flu and cold episodes.

All that's on TV is corona now, do other countries have annoying fear mongers like the American media? It borders on comical. Their new slogan is "the new normal" lol so ridiculous

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

MacClyver (03-17-2020)

Yes I think they do. Just kidding not as bad as there!

. Talked to people in egypt. They had shut down schools and basically everything weeks before we were. Probably didn't hear about it unless you watched their news. And now Canada has over twice as many cases than egypt and less than 1/3 the population.

I agree most people will get over this but the ones who can't are older or already have underlying issues. Thankfully from what I've read it seems kids under 10 may be somewhat immune to it. There is way too much misinformation out there, I pissed off a bunch of family telling them they're idiots for believing that made up stanford letter getting passed around saying if you drink water every 15 mins it'll wash the virus down into your stomach and the acid will kill the virus lol.

I'm not worried about getting as much as I am how it's being handled. Taking 2 weeks to figure out if someone has it is retarded. And that's after being screened as to whether you can even get tested. At least in Edmonton...

I'm hoping everything goes back to normal in a month or two.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Point is they are going a bit overboard imo. Most ppl I've seen interviewed say it's not that bad one guy said hes had worse flu and cold episodes.

All that's on TV is corona now, do other countries have annoying fear mongers like the American media? It borders on comical. Their new slogan is "the new normal" lol so ridiculous
    Believe me I hear what you're saying. I can't help but think that this is one big overreaction, especially compared to previous outbreaks like H1N1, SARS, MERS, etc.

And in the back of my mind I feel sorry for all the folks who will take a big economic hit for this. I mean what's gonna be worse, the disease or our reaction?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-17-2020),poorman1 (03-17-2020),Pryme (03-17-2020),timw4mail (03-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And by the way is anyone familiar with Steven King's The Stand?