Page 48 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That totally reminds me that someone was talking about all the doom and gloom in 2020, and has everyone heard the latest Rolling Stones hit from 2020, Doom And Gloom? I heard it the same way I heard the new Tool single last year, on the radio late at night driving home. Doom and Gloom is a decent Rolling Stones song. Couldn't beat Mother's Little Helper, and others. But still, impressive.

Iggy Pop's 2020 song Family Affair is another good song from the covid era. Keep on rocking, 2020

I found this car for sale, 1980 TR7, looks absolutely mint, and the price is right. All the way in Sherbrooke. I only know one person who can drive manual reliably, but with the whole pandemic, I suppose this is another classic car investment that bites the dust I even have a detailed parts catalogue for this car. Car probably needs a lot of parts, so the big dealer is more than willing to ship a free advertisment .Seems better than model trains and beer during the pandemic.
    Name:  80 tr7 final.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  46.2 KB
    Name:  tr7 back.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  68.0 KB
    Name:  tr7 three.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  60.9 KB
    https://www.autotrader.ca/a/Triumph/..._BwE&modalXS=1

Last edited by dspace9; 10-03-2020 at 06:00 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

So has anyone gotten this flu yet? I haven't. I actually can't recall ever going this long without being sick! Active cases in these parts are higher than they've ever been. My investments are dropping again, no trick or treaters came to the door, and it's supposed to be +20c(68f) today. Normal is 0c to -8c(32-17f). What a weird year. I hear there is some election going on today too?

Edit: ffs I guess I have to wear a mask at work now, the communication ball was dropped on that one. I'm hear walking around feeling like an ahole being the only person not wearing one lol I'll be picking up a horse head mask.
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-02-2020 at 01:59 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    So has anyone gotten this flu yet? I haven't. I actually can't recall ever going this long without being sick! Active cases in these parts are higher than they've ever been. My investments are dropping again, no trick or treaters came to the door, and it's supposed to be +20c(68f) today. Normal is 0c to -8c(32-17f). What a weird year. I hear there is some election going on today too?
    Pandemic apocalypse continues to amaze. Political apocalypse begins tomorrow haha.

I see I’ll have to add haha to all my posts. Should just make it my signature.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-02-2020),MetroMPG (11-02-2020),Top_Fuel (11-02-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    So has anyone gotten this flu yet?
    For the longest time, I didn't know anyone who had it. I didn't know anyone who knew anyone who had it!

I talked to my brother recently and he told me he had it back in July. He didn't tell anyone until now because he didn't want people freaking out about it. He said he felt fine...but he had lost his ability to smell (an obvious symptom). So he got tested along with his wife and 2 kids.

Back then it took a month to get test results back. He just assumed they all had it, so they all hung out at the house for 2 weeks. I think they all tested positive. He said his kids and wife had mild flu-like symptoms for a day or so (tired, aches, etc.) but they got over it long before they even got the test results back.

He said the strangest thing about the whole experience was that it took 3 months for his sense of smell to come back.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Weird!

2 of my American cousins have had it. And I know of two people (relatives of friends and friends of relatives) who've died. Both elderly, both in care homes in Montreal.

My idiot nephew and his gf had to be tested because they wantonly (WANTONLY! THE HUBRIS OF YOUTH!) socialized when they went back to university. They discovered there were 2 people in their social circle who tested positive. Of course, it's apparently not statistically a big deal if a 20 year-old gets it... but if they unwittingly bring it over to grandma & grandpa's house, the old-timers are both goners (multiple pre-existing health issues).

Where I live (tiny city within a rural region), there are very few confirmed cases (3 active as of last week), and people are generally following public health advice. Several bars & restaurants have gone out of business; others are managing to get by with patio service (very soon to end -- it's snowing as I type this) and take-out/delivery.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a number of coworkers who have gotten it and recovered. One friend of a friend passed. I live in a pretty rural area as well, so it just doesn't seems to have affected many outside of nursing homes here. That's been a ****show...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    My brother caught it and missed my wedding. This is the same a#@hole who was bragging he never wears a mask and that Covid is fake news. Thanksgiving will be interesting this year.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    I hope everyone has enough toilet paper now.

Haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I have to shop this evening... is there really a run on it again?

According to my dad and another old dude, the barbers are reporting that business is poor, even though they're allowed to be open.

They have restrictions on the number of customers in the place, and masks are mandatory for indoor commercial/public spaces.

But a lot of their clientele are staying away and opting for the shaggy/long hair look.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I got my flu shot last week.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)