Page 85 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    My keistering skills are top notch for border crossing. I can hide 2 shanks, a bobo, and a honey bun in my rectum - prison style.
    Hahahahahahahaha what the hell, man? I swear I see some of the funniest stuff on this forum.

-Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This thread has gotten onto a different direction. Not the kind of word I'd ever remember how to spell or think of saying correctly.

The people who swallow small plastic bags full of narcotics for smuggling across the border. That has a name that I can't think of. If that goes wrong you die from the inside out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    This thread has gotten onto a different direction. Not the kind of word I'd ever remember how to spell or think of saying correctly.

The people who swallow small plastic bags full of narcotics for smuggling across the border. That has a name that I can't think of. If that goes wrong you die from the inside out.
    Keistering or boofing is the proper nomenclature for smuggling from the other end of the GI tract.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The Queen's English's nomenclature, eh. That job must bring the price up. There is a deep price for the hazard pay. Depends on the situation. I'm sure the jails are Hiltons areound Canada comparatively.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    The Queen's English's nomenclature, eh. That job must bring the price up. There is a deep price for the hazard pay. Depends on the situation. I'm sure the jails are Hiltons around Canada comparatively.
    Jails? Canada? I thought you just said "Ohh sorry" and they let you go with a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Jails? Canada? I thought you just said "Ohh sorry" and they let you go with a warning.
    Stay away from Scott. Name:  x10lgkte0mk11.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  10.3 KB He's a real dick!
    Last edited by Fummins; 12-14-2020 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Southpark is often used as an educational tool in some area's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-14-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just finished catching up on this thread.....you lot are an, um, interesting bunch
    Back on track here. My brother, who has a pretty serious auto immune disease, caught and thankfully survived Covid early on in this pandemic. He lives on Long Island in NY and I'm in the Bronx. The way both of these municipalities handled this initially is the reason we have so many issues with this now. LI put off doing much of anything until forced to and the city(the five boroughs as we call them, Manhattan included) pushed for stricter compliance much earlier. The numbers were scary in either place, but the city, with many more people in it, fared MUCH better than LI did. It all really came down to who reacted first and how well folks adapted to it. LI fought business closings tooth and nail, and many, many more folks suffered because of it. School closings happened at the same time as the city so thankfully the biggest carriers (school kids and teachers) were not too much of an issue. But the adults....that's another matter entirely. LI had protests, you know huge gatherings of people, to fight this...you can guess what happened there. They finally wised up after nearly all of the hospitals out there were past capacity, but it took way too long.

And sadly it's happening AGAIN. We got lax for just a month or two and now death rates are skyrocketing again in all of NY, city included. I guess you have to live in a majorly congested area to see what Covid can actually do....NY in it's entirety has learned a lesson on listening to our doctors and professionals but at a great cost of human life. I used to run restaurants in NYC for over 35 years, I know this is killing many jobs and is hurting many business'....but the alternative is almost certain spread of something we DO NOT in any way have any control over....yet. Vaccines are nice, if they work and if the side effects aren't worse than the disease, but their effects on this are a long ways off. It's not a magic bullet. Nothing is. Masks, as annoying as they are, plus in heavily infected areas gloves, are a good way to help stop the spread of it. It's proven to work.

Listen. I just took a long trip to Florida and back but I planned it to the nth to make sure me and my friend were as safe as possible. We brought our own disinfecting items with us for the few stays in hotels we had to make. We wore masks at all times except for in the car. We used gloves in certain circumstances like shopping in a Krugers for some snacks/food, and actually saw others doing this as well which made me feel safer. Sadly, we were out numbered by the folks who DIDN'T do this 10 to 1. This is not good. Infection rates all over the US are rising to the beginning levels of this pandemic. We as a country need to figure out a way to keep at least some business' running to keep the jobs alive...but we also have to shut down things like sports stadiums and large crowd events so it doesn't get too much worse. And dammit we need to cancel spring break next year so we don't get a repeat of this years abysmal happenings.....it's really mostly common sense, but it's scary how many Americans have lost that ability lately. None of these measures are being put in place to harm anyone, they're there to keep you and especially the ones who are the most risk alive. It doesn't matter if you don't get it, you're a potential carrier and that's the truth of it. Stop thinking of just yourselves and start thinking of everyone else and you'll get it.

(Steps off soapbox...)
    Last edited by dragon2knight; 12-14-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    thankfully the biggest carriers (school kids and teachers) were not too much of an issue.
    I thought this was an urban legend?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I thought this was an urban legend?
    Not from what I've read and heard about from the doctors right up the block from me(Montifiore Hospital, biggest in the Bronx). They are being told that kids are the biggest carriers in the city, and by proximity, teachers and professors. Not just high schools, mind you, college's/Universities are included in this.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    Not from what I've read and heard about from the doctors right up the block from me(Montifiore Hospital, biggest in the Bronx). They are being told that kids are the biggest carriers in the city, and by proximity, teachers and professors. Not just high schools, mind you, college's/Universities are included in this.
    Wow, seems like the oppossite of what's happening here. My kids go to school as usual with the exception of wearing a "mask". They claim the few cases in schools in the area were traced back to others in their household who attended functions or worked where outbreaks occurred. Basically there is very little if any spread in schools around here. Yet new active case numbers are rising everyday.

You're lucky to be able to talk to your neighbor, out here they'd call that a social visit. $1000 fine as of yesterday.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-15-2020)