Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
Don't get me wrong. I agree with you in the sense that this country is wealthy enough to take care of it's needy. But I see young, male, able-bodied "needy" people in line at the grocery store all the time. They reek of weed, have $200 shoes, designer clothes, a nicer smart phone than I have, and are paying for their food with an EBT card. It's not all women 'n weans, which is what I have a problem with. Our social safety net shouldn't be used as a hammock, and a lot of people are doing just that. I saw a lot of this pre-COVID.

If given a choice between working for food and voting for food, many people are going to choose to vote for food. And housing. And health care. And free college. And a free cellphone. And free... And free... And free...

Franklin recognized this as America's ticking time bomb, and we need to remember it. One political party in this country sells nothing but victimhood and dependency, so I fear the situation will get far worse before it gets better.
Can I get AMEN brothuh! This is my point as well. There are people born with mental and physical impairments that proclude them from working. At least working what we would consider a normal job. I want those people taken care of to the utmost. Money for them, care for them, whatever they want or need to give them as normal a life as can be. I would not hold back a dollar.

But when I see all these able bodied people on (for example) Judge Judy, then it makes me want to hide, cheat and steal my money away from a gobment that can let that crap happen so much and so non-chalantly. From the 30 year old body builder who has been disabled from work since he was 22 because he fell and chipped a fingernail (who is also working under the table painting houses) that gets weed subsidies for his "chronic pain," to the baby-mamas who are 25 years old and have 9 children with 8 baby daddies who get so much money from SSI for their kids, EBT, cash assistance, food stamps, section 8 (or whatever number it is housing), and has boyfriend number 10 living with her for free because he's not on the lease, while she "takes care of her grandmama and gets paid for it." I get ticked off when I hear about it, day in and day out. We could treat our disabled and retirees with dignity and respect if our gobment wasn't busy shelling it out through the nose on able bodied people who should actually be working.

Our gobment should work like a country club. Those who join the club and PAY DUES, are the ones that get benefits (like tennis court, swimming pool, free greens fees, cheap dinners, etc). Club members don't pay dues for nothing, and then non club members walk in from the street and get to use all the benefits. That's not how "The Country Club" works. Yet that's how our gobment works. I (and all other tax payers) pay all the dues (taxes), and I don't get jack-crap for benefits. The crack-heads, illegals, baby-mamas, able bodied lazy asses and cheaters get all the benefits, and stay home and play xbox and smoke weed, while the tax payers are busy making a living and paying taxes.

Well guess what? If we said, the free ride is over. If you want discounted or free college, you have to contribute to society, earn money and pay your taxes. Then you can qualify for benefits ... but if and only if your drug test comes back clean. Then we'd have a lot more people out working, getting busy, being productive, ACTUALLY MOVING OUR SOCIETY AHEAD, and not getting wasted on a daily basis on free drugs and food stamps, and wasting their life away playing video games.

But the % of those who actually work and pay taxes gets lower and lower and lower. To the point where they are out numbered by those who just want free stuff so they can smoke pot and play xbox all day. In my opinion, my previously great state of GA has just went that way. Now the gimme free stuff people outnumber the working class. The voting showed it.

Oh well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Pass me a joint, I'm going to go downtown and stand in line for my Cash Assistance.