Page 27 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    In a court of law, it could very well be argued that negligence by the Chinese government and not being completely fourthcoming in the beginning stages of the pandemic, contributed to losses of billions of dollars in our economy. Should China face no civil repercussions because of this or should they? Could it be settled that some of our massive debt to them be forgiven because of this? Its a pretty straight forward question. Are you insinuating it is a loaded question because its not proven China is responsible for this or am I missing something?
    yes, something is missing

Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

I'm butthurt....Looks like the city voted for wearing masks in public today...

"The newly passed bylaw will apply to not just city-owned facilities, but privately owned businesses, too. Face coverings will be required in retail stores, entertainment venues, rec centres, vehicle rentals and more.

Masks would not be necessary in Edmonton schools or childcare facilities, hospitals and health care centres, or work spaces where staff are separated from patrons.
    "

It's crazy, now everyone is gonna be walking around looking like friggin protesters. I'll dress up like a bank robber instead and wear a balaclava

Ps sorry I don't take life seriously at the moment. I'm in the middle of repairing damage done by some meth heads. Fix their botched attempt at stealing another cat converter, find a shovel to fling the giant turd they left behind, then mend a fence with zip ties, and haywire.
    Last edited by Fummins; 07-29-2020 at 09:24 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm butthurt....Looks like the city voted for wearing masks in public today...

"The newly passed bylaw will apply to not just city-owned facilities, but privately owned businesses, too. Face coverings will be required in retail stores, entertainment venues, rec centres, vehicle rentals and more.

Masks would not be necessary in Edmonton schools or childcare facilities, hospitals and health care centres, or work spaces where staff are separated from patrons.
    "

It's crazy, now everyone is gonna be walking around looking like friggin protesters. I'll dress up like a bank robber instead and wear a balaclava

Ps sorry I don't take life seriously at the moment. I'm in the middle of repairing damage done by some meth heads. Fix their botched attempt at stealing another cat converter, find a shovel to fling the giant turd they left behind, then mend a fence with zip ties, and haywire.
    Is it really that hard to get a hunting rifle in Canada?

Legally there are some hoops to jump though for a rifle. Owning a legal handgun is pretty much pointless and not worth the hassle. I know a few people that have one they're only aloud to take it to gun range and have to report when they leave and return home. They're only aloud to drive straight to where they're going, no detours or stopping for gas or a burger. Get pulled over and you're not following the most direct route then you're in poop.

I don't own one, I see it as more of a liability than anything. If I shoot an intruder I'll be the one going to jail. Key is don't get caught I guess?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Seriously, they're pooping while stealing cats? Must have been super nervous?

I *found* a serviceable catalytic converter on the side of the road last week on my morning walk. I think it was naturally occurring. No cut marks - the pipes rusted and let go. Of course I picked it up to add to my pile of junk I will probably never use. It's just about the right size for the Metro/Fireflies.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    It's just about the right size for the Metro/Fireflies.
    Might want to check your Metro fleet. Just sayin.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Seriously, they're pooping while stealing cats? Must have been super nervous?

I *found* a serviceable catalytic converter on the side of the road last week on my morning walk. I think it was naturally occurring. No cut marks - the pipes rusted and let go. Of course I picked it up to add to my pile of junk I will probably never use. It's just about the right size for the Metro/Fireflies.
    I **** you not. This is the second time in a month. They're targeting some ford cube vans. They're easy to reach and big, must be worth $100-150 to a cat buyer, meth heads probably get 25 a piece... Worst part is they stole one that I just replaced.

Best part is they only got one, they couldn't cut through the chunk of chain I welded to the other van. I was gonna do the same to all the cube vans but got told not to bother, it won't stop them. Apparently it did. Or they ran out of blades and batteries.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    ...Owning a legal handgun is pretty much pointless and not worth the hassle.
    That's un-American! Oh, wait...

This is the second time in a month.
    You've probably seen some devices like this...

Name:  catclamp.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  48.4 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-30-2020)

Name:  72839C9F-C0C4-4F15-AB1B-FCF8D7CAD325.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  89.8 KBNope, haven't seen that before. Here's what I did.. 5/16 chain wrapped around and welded to the vanbody frame at the top. Might not stop them from trying but will slow them down a bit.
    I'll have to look into something better.
    Last edited by Fummins; 07-30-2020 at 06:39 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-30-2020)

If it were mine I'd mount a few steering wheel airbags full of nails under there, wire it so if they cut a wire ran close to the exhaust they bleed lol. Would need a dashcam or trailcam setup nearby to catch the show.