Page 59 of 95 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Transportation/logistics is going to be a nightmare for this vaccine as it has to be delivered in extreme cold conditions, we're talking much colder than a freezer truck apparently. It's probably going to entail folks waiting in line at special distribution centers worldwide. This was the theory I got my Dad, a former CDC chief who worked on the National Vaccines for Children program in the 90s. I've also heard there is an effort to produce the vaccine in powdered form, which would solve a lot of issues.

At least the Moderna vaccine only needs to be -20C/ -4F. That's much more doable! At least up here in igloo country.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Transportation/logistics is going to be a nightmare for this vaccine as it has to be delivered in extreme cold conditions...
    The Phizer vaccine has to be stored at extreme cold temperatures (-70C or something crazy like that). The Moderna vaccine can be frozen for extended periods, and is stable at refrigerator temperatures for up to 30 days.

Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Press Release

Dirk...as soon as you get your shot and report back here, I'll be ready to get mine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    The Phizer vaccine has to be stored at extreme cold temperatures (-70C or something crazy like that). The Moderna vaccine can be frozen for extended periods, and is stable at refrigerator temperatures for up to 30 days.

Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Press Release

Dirk...as soon as you get your shot and report back here, I'll be ready to get mine.
    Anyone in healthcare will probably be fast tracked so I'll let you know for sure.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looking forward to life returning to normal.

I finally finished my Ph.D. last December and got a good paying job, so I was excited for "the summer of George" where I could finally relax and enjoy life a bit. And here we are.

Name:  6z85wVj.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  23.2 KB

Maybe next summer?

Hey, congrats! What was your PhD program?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    Looking forward to life returning to normal.

I finally finished my Ph.D. last December and got a good paying job, so I was excited for "the summer of George" where I could finally relax and enjoy life a bit. And here we are.

Name:  6z85wVj.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  23.2 KB

Maybe next summer?
    Could be worse, at least your not in Portland. Lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Let me know how the vaccine goes, and I'll wait another 10 years and probably still not get it. Never had a flu shot although I have been vaccinated against the pox of chickens.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,035 Posts
    I ain't done never had me no flu shot neither. I haven't have the flu in a hunerd years. I'd rather get the flu every 25 years, than a little bit of the flu every year.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Is it too soon for COVID satire?

Local Man Petrified of Vaccine Tells Everyone to “Stop Living in Fear”

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Bonnet | November 17, 2020 | Andrew
    TORONTO, ON

Local anti-vaxxer, Mr. Miller of Toronto, has a message for everyone on his Facebook feed: “Stop living in fear!”

Miller, who is absolutely terrified of what might happen if he ever might get a vaccine, thinks everyone who believes in the existence of the coronavirus is a “sheeple” and is living in fear.

“Think for yourself! Don’t just believe what the government and George Soros tell you,” said Miller in a recent Facebook post. “Instead, believe whatever’s in this video I just clicked on on YouTube!”

Miller is losing sleep at night thinking about what the government and Bill Gates might try to do us, but thinks it’s everyone else who’s living in fear.

“You’ve got it all wrong! I’m not a fearful man,” said Miller, holed up in deep dark room in his mother’s basement. “I’m simply using my critical thinking skills and standing up for my rights that I’m very scared–I mean “concerned”– are being stripped away from us one by one. It’s everyone else who is fearful! I’m the brave one!”

Miller says you’d have be an “absolute sucker” to trust one of those government vaccines and is also really scared that the Daily Bonnet might be in on it, too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-19-2020)