Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    dspace9 - I don't think it's that people don't believe in germs. I believe it is that they are not afraid of germs. Because, in a lot of cases, a person's body was conceived, designed and manufactured to be able to survive the ingestion of germs and survive with minimal or no downside via the use of an immune system. Said immune system was installed at the factory. Those people who have a fully functional factory installed immune system don't let the fact that germs exist have any effect on their lives. So they live free of the concern about a germ here, a germ there, oh my God spray Lysol everywhere!

I heard influenza cases are way down this year, and this is an unintended consequence of mass mask wearing in public.

There's the age old thing that kids that bite their nails have better immune systems. Or that it is important to bring urban dwelling kids into the country..and play with mud. There is something to say about that, as well as all the minerals

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I heard influenza cases are way down this year, and this is an unintended consequence of mass mask wearing in public.

There's the age old thing that kids that bite their nails have better immune systems. Or that it is important to bring urban dwelling kids into the country..and play with mud. There is something to say about that, as well as all the minerals
    Influenza is down and covid is up during flu season. Some say that's not a coincidence.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (11-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Maybe covid germs are finding influenza germs out in the wild, and covid is kicking influenzas' ass?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    For good or bad, I think I'm way less exposed to other people's germs these days. I just don't want to get a wallop of a flu because I was so concerned with the bigger boogeyman in the room.

What a crazy situation, and viruses have had millions of years to get good at what they do. Humans are pretty young species evolutionarily speaking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks like Canada (at least Ontario) isnt a Covid-19 Utopia anymore.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-virus-surging

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-22-2020)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    We have a mid-calibre lockdown in most of Europe, and yet there is a group of stupid, stubborn idiots we call COVIDIOTS. They stage and participate in public demonstations denying COVID and are all completely anti-lockdown, refuse wearing masks, get others infected, and so on. Even mass police action doesn't help, they seem to come from nowhere and get on normal people's nerves.

My daughter is a nurse and tells me stories like this:
    Patients come into intensive care and receive clear orders: "Lay on your belly and wear the breathing mask, otherwise your condition worsens and by one or two weeks you are dead!".
    You would think COVIDIOTS have enough reason and motivation to follow orders, but no!

They shout insults at doctors and other medical personell " We don't know why we have to be here, the whole thing is a hoax and nothing but a flu!" and " Why all the fuss, I can breathe perfectly well without a mask!". They demand more coffee while the other patient in the room is being reanimated. And no, these are not dementia patients, but middle aged people more or less in a normal state of consciousness.

Breathing through a mask is actually quite unpleasant. The mask presses on the face, and air flow is restricted, but when they are in such a condition that they really need a mask, they are only one or two weeks away from death. To say it differently, they are drownig up to their necks in sh*t and denying COVID at the same time.

This doesn't bother these COVIDIOTS at all! They sit down, remove their masks, cough into nurses faces, and intentionally fail to cooperate and do their best to make life even harder for the personell. This is also a horrible risk for nurses and doctors, because their protective clothing, gloves and masks can not provide 100% protection.

It seems COVIDIOTS are in all parts of the world! My daughter showed me a tweet of a nurse in the USA, which I quote:
    " The ones that stick out are those who still don’t believe the virus is real. The ones who scream at you for a magic medicine and that Jxx Bxxxx is going to ruin the USA. All while gasping for breath on 100% Vapotherm. They tell you there must be another reason they are sick. They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that “stuff” because they don’t have COViD because it’s not real. Yes. This really happens".

I feal truly sorry for the doctors, nurses and all others in the medical profession! Coping with COVIDIOTS is more than demotivating, if their job weren't hard enough as it is. They are the true heroes in our society, and they don't disregard their duty and waste time and other lives goofing off and playing golf.
    Last edited by foama; 11-22-2020 at 09:25 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    goofing off and playing golf.
    Sorry to hear that story foama. Those covidiots sound more extreme than the ones around here. Then again, I heard that attacks on medical personell is not new to 2020, unfortunately.

It's a shame that the very people trying to help, are being attacked by the sick & their family. When people are sick the best of them doesn't come out. They just don't understand. I read a big report in one of the big newspapers around here a few years back about nursing burnout. And this is before covid.

Then again... Maybe the bad people should be denied health care then? Let nature take its course?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Looks like Canada (at least Ontario) isnt a Covid-19 Utopia anymore.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-virus-surging
    Toronto's virus numbers have gotten bad. But Toronto is not Canada lol.

Nunavut territory had 0 cases the first wave. Now the second wave they are getting hit hard. The East Coast (like Newfoundland, Nova Scotia like where Oak Island is) had a bubble that was working great.. not sure now. I think it's better than Ontario and Quebec. I'm in Ontario, and like the article says, the bad spot is Toronto and area.

Then again Australia is comparatively unscathed, but I think Melbourne urban area got walloped.

Essential workers are trucking in and out of the USA/Canada border every day, and this is probably particularly happening in Ontario and Quebec. So I think the virus spreads when the borders are open.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Sorry to hear that story foama. Those covidiots sound more extreme than the ones around here...
    Then again... Maybe the bad people should be denied health care then? Let nature take its course?

https://twitter.com/JodiDoering/stat...71329555292162

12. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-22-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hats off to the front-line Health Care workers, who are doing the most essential work out there. I see signs all the time around here Thank You front line health Care workers.

One of the problems Down South right now is that otherwise lovely people seem to think masks are an invasion of freedom and liberty. The thing is, the old big wigs who took the wig off and wrote the Declaration of Independence, etc, meant freedom in an Ancient Greek sense; your freedom ends where another's begins, your pursuit of individual freedom as far as the eye can see, but you can't steal and trample your neighbour's lot to pursue your own happiness.