Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    And by the way is anyone familiar with Steven King's The Stand?
    or 28 Days Later
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289043/

Steven King's The Stand? is good film to watch

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    In the uk Toilet paper/Bread/Milk/tinned tomatoes/You name it is running out in some shops
    and McDonald’s restaurants is only drive-thru and delivery only can not eat in
    this was the Toilet Rolls aisle today
    Name:  IMG_20200316_194327.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  79.8 KB

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Attachment 17382 I don’t even have a gun. I do have a yard full of frozen dog turds I could throw if times get tough. I’m not worried about lack of fuel. We have lots and the price of oil sucks so it’s cheap right now.

Last time gas was down to 50cents a liter I filled a 55gallon drum with a bunch of stabil. After buying a pump I figure I didn’t really save much, and having a steel drum bomb in my driveway that woke me up with a bang as it cooled every night just wasn’t worth it. I’m more worried about all the layoffs and thefts going up.
    I'm driving up to Alberta, Fummy. We're going to start a Mirage raiding gang and call ourselves the rawdoggers. Anyone we catch driving a Spark is getting pillaged!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-18-2020)

Name:  3s1vnd.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  68.0 KB

I read a decent explanation on the TP issue:

Jumbo-pack TP is one of (if not THE) bulkiest items in the grocery store. So they don't keep as much on hand in the store room as they do other items (also: just-in-time delivery means less than they used to keep in the back).

Thus those shelves are much more succeptible to running low/out than other products.

The repeating visual of emptying shelves + fear of running out creates a vicous circle of panic buying.

The TP manufacturers say there is no chance of an actual shortage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (03-19-2020),fc321 (03-21-2020),Fummins (03-19-2020),poorman1 (03-19-2020)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The worst is people profiting from all of this. Dirty money. Not to get religious but I think that's 10,000 more years in purgatory for that kind of behaviour.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Most who try are getting shut down at least. Or beaten.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The paper tissue isle was sacked when I got groceries wednesday morning. Lucky me I had zero need of toilet paper, just bought a 24 pack in January.
    Name:  20200318_072330.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  90.3 KB

The store was otherwise well stocked but very busy despite being 7:15 in the morning when I got there, they were periodically announcing over the PA rationing of rice, flour, medicine and canola oil. I bought two months of food mostly because I had 5% cashback on groceries that expires at the end of the month. I'd still like to go to the store in 3 weeks or so to get fruit and perishables but if this craze continues I'll wait. I don't care to spend 46 minutes waiting in line to check out again. Management literally had us playing a game of grocery cart snake.

being a grocery store there were a plethora of apples

Honestly I'm sick of this halo of deathly fear about getting it. Let the elderly and immunocompromised among us take extreme measures to try and not catch it until a vaccine can be made in a few years. Let the rest of us get sick, take a week off recuperating in bed and continue with life as normal already.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MacClyver For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (03-19-2020)

We're lazy and don't have a lot of time during the week to shop. We'd usually order online and pick up after work, it worked out good for the most part but there's always gonna be something that's out of stock. I ordered delivery through instart last time, there was a 2 day wait as they were insanely busy lately. They just left the order on my front steps while I was at work, wife was home and drug it inside once the coast was clear lol. I'll continue to do that rather than dealing with mobs of village idiots. Plus I'll have more time to count how many strands of hair my dog has.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Uber is completely dead, lost source of income. even I want to live in a van/car I wont be able to bath because Gym is closed, Keep paying rent is hard because I dont have saving ,Just applyed two jobs, hopefully I can make it