Page 66 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ummm... Eggman? That logo pronunciation sounds like something else... MFer sounds uh... Not gonna say it... Maybe MitsuForum one on each side of the mask?

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-24-2020),Pryme (11-25-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    What do we do if another world pandemic breaks out and this time the comorbidity rate is say 3% vs the 1% we are dealing with now? It would be chaos, if what happened this year was any indication, sadly. This thin sliver of civilization we enjoy is fragile. You take away food and fuel and people turn into animals. I think this was a big test for our society. It exposed how the world governments would react. This speed at which Covid19 spread is terrifying. Captain Trips!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-24-2020),Fummins (11-24-2020),Pryme (11-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Ummm... Eggman? That logo pronunciation sounds like something else... MFer sounds uh... Not gonna say it... Maybe MitsuForum one on each side of the mask?
    Yeah it's an old Forum joke from years gone by haha. Glad you picked up on the inappropriateness of it all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hence my 80-year-old mind hahaha! It's still pretty sharp lol
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    What do we do if another world pandemic breaks out and this time the comorbidity rate is say 3% vs the 1% we are dealing with now? It would be chaos, if what happened this year was any indication, sadly. This thin sliver of civilization we enjoy is fragile. You take away food and fuel and people turn into animals. I think this was a big test for our society. It exposed how the world governments would react. This speed at which Covid19 spread is terrifying. Captain Trips!
    If this happens, I miiight have to take you up on that brownie offer... Me an a few others?

Hahaha.

Hey Dirk do you listen to Anthrax - Spreading the Disease?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    If this happens, I miiight have to take you up on that brownie offer... Me an a few others?

Hahaha.

Hey Dirk do you listen to Anthrax - Spreading the Disease?
    I'm more of a hair-metal cockrock fan myself. Not the hard stuff just the fun stuff Def Leppard, Dokken, Scorpions, Europe, Skid Row, etc.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    The Russians have weaponized Anthrax to a high degree but I don't think it could spread with the same ferocity as Covid19. Anthrax symptoms would take you out much faster. The corona viruses favor natural selection, making most only slightly ill to better spread itself. It's very success is due to it being so mild. But imagine a newer, more resistant strain, the fear it would strike to our economies. This virus is out there in massive numbers it could mutate, shift, lie dormant. I'm not advocating living in complete fear because there is no amount of world quarantine that will stop something as so swift as Covid19 2.0

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    2,146 Americans died of Coronavirus infection just yesterday, worst day in 6 months. So says Brianna on CNN right now. I think Coronavirus is like the third highest cause of death in the USA this year.

Regarding the MFer masks, Dr. Freud would have a field day on the MF (Mirage Forum). Good catch Mirage Rally, looks like humour just goes through cycles haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    2,146 Americans died of Coronavirus infection just yesterday, worst day in 6 months. So says Brianna on CNN right now. I think Coronavirus is like the third highest cause of death in the USA this year.

Regarding the MFer masks, Dr. Freud would have a field day on the MF (Mirage Forum). Good catch Mirage Rally, looks like humour just goes through cycles haha.
    Not to make light of any death, because every life is precious.

I haven't seen a recent figure, but a figure I saw a time ago stated 6% of the COVID deaths were COVID only deaths. Most deaths (94%) are related to some other pre-existing condition. For example, someone may have had lung cancer, but their death is listed as a COVID death.

COVID is serious. I believe wearing a mask helps in public. If nothing else, I want to be respectful to those who have to work in public places for us (like grocery stores, gas stations, etc....) when wearing a mask.

To say is COVID is the third leading cause of death may be a very misleading statement. CNN is the last place I would get any news information from. I have zero respect for them, & it is because of these type of stories.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (11-26-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Not to make light of any death, because every life is precious.

I haven't seen a recent figure, but a figure I saw a time ago stated 6% of the COVID deaths were COVID only deaths. Most deaths (94%) are related to some other pre-existing condition. For example, someone may have had lung cancer, but their death is listed as a COVID death.

COVID is serious. I believe wearing a mask helps in public. If nothing else, I want to be respectful to those who have to work in public places for us (like grocery stores, gas stations, etc....) when wearing a mask.

To say is COVID is the third leading cause of death may be a very misleading statement. CNN is the last place I would get any news information from. I have zero respect for them, & it is because of these type of stories.
    I'd just be careful with blanket-disliking CNN like that. Some facts they say, are just the facts. If CNN starts to say 2+2=5, or the sun rises in the West, then yes... be more critical.

Covid deaths usually fall upon the weakest. I think that's similar to a lot of other illnesses.

But to dislike CNN firstly, seems kinda biased.. before you examine the info. Don't let the messenger be the message. Fox news is likely to have reported the same numbers.

Hope this is all past news soon! Cheers Mark

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-25-2020)