Page 70 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    https://web.archive.org/web/20201126...ue-to-covid-19

I'll just leave this here

From John's Hopkins.....not some fringe outlet source.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I personally don't believe we came from monkeys. Well, maybe some of us did! Ha! That's just a joke, pull your panties out of your Naired arse ladies. I also think that the fastest way to get over covid is to set up "Infection Stations." Just make everyone get it, and get over it. Then life can get back to normal. One day, I'm going to die. Until then, I want to L-I-V-E. And not live like I'm scared to touch anything or hug another person.

My wife has had covid twice. She works in the medical field. During those times she was sent home with covid, she would occasionally request organisms. My wife is still damn hot. I don't care how many covid germs she's carrying, when she calls me up to the plate, you can bet I'm bringing a bat and swinging for the fence. So ... that being said, I'm going to have to guess I've had covid. Getting infected was A-W-E-S-O-M-E.
    I don't believe in evolution/empirical scientific evidence either. It's fake news! I believe that we are all made in Zeus's image. Your in Atlanta too my friend? How about I come over and we can compare Mirages and sacrifice a goat together whilst honoring Zeus? Lol

I'll just leave this here https://web.archive.org/web/20201127...ue-to-covid-19

"Editor’s Note: After The News-Letter published this article on Nov. 22, it was brought to our attention that our coverage of Genevieve Briand’s presentation “COVID-19 Deaths: A Look at U.S. Data” has been used to support dangerous inaccuracies that minimize the impact of the pandemic.

We decided on Nov. 26 to retract this article to stop the spread of misinformation, as we noted on social media. However, it is our responsibility as journalists to provide a historical record. We have chosen to take down the article from our website, but it is available here as a PDF.

In accordance with our standards for transparency, we are sharing with our readers how we came to this decision. The News-Letter is an editorially and financially independent, student-run publication. Our articles and content are not endorsed by the University or the School of Medicine, and our decision to retract this article was made independently."
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-28-2020),MetroMPG (11-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    We decided on Nov. 26 to retract this article to stop the spread of misinformation, as we noted on social media.
    Thanks. I was about to post how odd it was that the conclusion of that student newsletter article completely contradicts an analysis of excess death statistics published by the CDC for the same time period.

The editors noted the same thing when they retracted the article.

CDC and other sources report nearly 300,000 excess deaths in the U.S. from Jan -Oct.

Edit: Anecdotally, talk to funeral home operators in hotspot areas if you can't bring yourself to believe official sources. They're busier than ever.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sounds like the rollout with vaccination may start end of December, then roll out to "anyone who wants the vaccine" by September 2021. Seems like a long time from now. I have been reading the Saturday Toronto Star newspaper, they have a Q and A about "when can we stop wearing masks?" and other pertinent questions.. answer is, if all goes well with the vaccine, we should be in a more normal state of the world by the end of 2021. Pandemic has been a Long ordeal and very painful for many, opens up too many cans of worms but let's hope the vaccine settles things for good.. just like polio vaccine did for polio, and diphtheria and whooping cough vaccines, and everyone gets their chance for the cure not just the rich countries.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    UK just announced it will start to administer Pfizer's vaccine immediately.

I heard the other day they aren't gonna attempt to make getting a covid vaccine mandatory. In Alberta at least. I don't know if that option applies to health care workers too? It'll probably be some time before it becomes available to the public here anyways. Everything moves slower in the cold lol.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Do you accept that humans are a mammalian species, and very different from a plant, or a slug?

We all want to live. We also all want to live in a world without Polio, without Tuberculosis, without lead in our drinking water.. a world without drunk drivers infecting others with their own stupidity.

I had my Whooping Cough immunization redone a few years ago. So, that's not good enough? Do you think we should all get infected with malaria at a summer camp? Leper Colony with the opposite of intentions?

You know it's 2020 right, we don't have to live like primates? You don't have to use a toothbrush, either, or a lightbulb, but it's 2020. Might as well take advantage of what we got.
    I'm not certain I follow the point of your post. I haven't argued contrary. I'm going to have to guess that must of us have been infected with malaria and many diseases. But we were immunized for it. That's what my mind thinks. I think that because, a) malaria and other viruses / diseases continue to exist, and b) there are remote civilizations that I have heard (I don't know this factually) that if an American person (or other modern countries people) go there, it can make those indigenous people sick and they could die. Because we carry germs / diseases / whatever that our bodies combat every day, but they have never been immunized for and don't carry the anti-body. I find that very interesting.

The billions of people on earth today are a select few of the trillions or more that might exist if the "survival of the fittest" hadn't taken place (and killed millions of people) over the centuries. That means us "arguing" about this is silly, since we exist ... us and our ancestors were the "fittest."

I'm going to have to guess we're mostly on the same page ... except our beliefs in our origins.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I don't believe in evolution/empirical scientific evidence either. It's fake news! I believe that we are all made in Zeus's image. Your in Atlanta too my friend? How about I come over and we can compare Mirages and sacrifice a goat together whilst honoring Zeus? Lol
    I believe in science. But I think we are WAY EARLY at this time, in the understanding of covid to believe everything the "experts" publish about the disease. Like the "fact" that the antibody only lives so long within our bodies (3 to 6 months). It's not that I call BS on it. It's that I don't believe that is TRULY known. We're what ... 8 months, 9 months into this? How many people have they studied in detail to know said lifespan of the antibody factually? Not enough would be my guess. On the contrary, I believe it to be more realistic that such "facts" (notice I put that in quote) to be spread in order to incentivize those more susceptible to try to stay distanced from others. Because preventing the spread actually does save lives. And therefore such "facts" may be worth spreading, be it an actual fact or not. So, I don't make such a beef about such things because if it saves lives, so be it. It won't save my life however, because I believe I've had it and already survived it and can survive it many more times. I will die from something, but it won't be covid.

I personally believe covid kills. I believe it to be dangerous. But I think the level of danger is exponentially weighted to those with various pre-existing conditions. Including old age where a person's immune system is not as strong as it once was. And, there are always going to be those people who exist who will have some sort of undetected defect or weakness or whatever it may be termed, that will make them more susceptible to die from a various anything compared to the average human. It is SAD. And it is UNFAIR. My own brother died from pancreatic cancer at 37 years old. He was healthier (looking) than I am, but something made him more susceptible from it than others. It's not likely humans will know the root cause of such deaths for a looooong time ... possibly never. It was unfair that he died when he was otherwise healthy, and had NO cancer risk factors. But such is life. We are mortal. Best enjoy life as best we can while we have it. I believe I'm qualified to transition to my real home (heaven), when my life on this old cold rock is concluded. So I choose to live life with my chosen amount of risk that makes me feel excited. My dad is one of those who are very susceptible. Lung cancer survivor (so far). He keeps his distance from others. I still go see him and help him out with various things. But I don't get all up in his face for anything. He's fine so far.

Dirk - We can get together sometime and compare Mirages. But as for the goat, let's sacrifice a steak instead.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-08-2020),MirageRally (12-02-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I also think that the fastest way to get over covid is to set up "Infection Stations." Just make everyone get it, and get over it.
    This is the part I'm in disagreement with. Whether old man Noah put corona germs into the Arc beside the plague and parasites, that's a debate for another day.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)