Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

COVID-19 Discussion

Some guy in an independent variety store in a town near my small town Ontario, was selling a 6 pack of Royale on the counter for $19.99 yesterday afternoon and I started laughing. Then at the supermarket everything was stocked normal, except toilet paper and paper towels. And of course I find oranges hit and miss no matter what this time of year. If you can cook or bake sure helps. Holy moly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I'm thinking about taking a stash of gloves and masks from the supply room after my shift and selling them on EBay. Just kidding! The head RN on our floor is watching that store room like a hawk, besides I'm not a plague profiteer. AtomicPunk your place on high alert yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'm thinking about taking a stash of gloves and masks from the supply room after my shift and selling them on EBay. Just kidding! The head RN on our floor is watching that store room like a hawk, besides I'm not a plague profiteer. AtomicPunk your place on high alert yet?
    $hits getting crazy now. School and daycare shut downs province wide. Sounds like school is over in Albert until September. They expect kids to stay home and be home schooled now I guess. But they don't have a plan in place yet. Sucks to be a single working parent now, the only people who won't be financially affected are the already using welfare as an income. It's gonna be messy.

I haven't seen anyone selling toilet paper yet but did see a bunch of facebook ads selling hand sanitizer. $20 for a tiny bottle. The comments were insane, threatening the guy. All I could think of was the fake oscar meyer mobile ad. People are stupid.

Keep fit and have fun!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    $hits getting crazy now. School and daycare shut downs province wide. Sounds like school is over in Albert until September. They expect kids to stay home and be home schooled now I guess. But they don't have a plan in place yet. Sucks to be a single working parent now, the only people who won't be financially affected are the already using welfare as an income. It's gonna be messy.

I haven't seen anyone selling toilet paper yet but did see a bunch of facebook ads selling hand sanitizer. $20 for a tiny bottle. The comments were insane, threatening the guy. All I could think of was the fake oscar meyer mobile ad. People are stupid.

Keep fit and have fun!
    I hope everyone saved up that 6 month emergency fund they have been telling us do to for the last 20 years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

LetItMarinate (04-13-2020),poorman1 (03-17-2020)

Yes and no. Wife does, I don't. I've been trying to get her to put hers into investments rather than low interest savings. Glad she didn't listen! I've been putting 80% of my extra money against my mortgage. And a lot of the savings I did have kinda took a dump last week. Kinda wish I had a pew pew at home for when people try to steal my lysol wipes, batteries and whatever else will be the next trendy thing to panic over.

Sadly I think it's way too late to contain this but I'm no scientician. I know of someone that returned from Vegas a few weeks ago, after a few days got the flu started the recommended home quarantine and they'd test him in 3-4 days. Took 4 days for him to get tested, and they got told last night it'll be 3-5 days til they get results back. If they have it the wife probably does and me and kids, and school, and daycare, and my co workers and their families.......

Everyone is gonna have their own opinion on this one, just like what oil to use or when you should change it. I just hope I'm wrong about this one

Sorry if this is frowned upon on the forum.....Delete if you want.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, this all sucks. Illinois is making all restaurants close down except for delivery and pickup so I know a lot of small businesses are going to get screwed so bad and disappear. Such a bummer...
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Moderator's note:

Posts moved to a thread of their own.

This global pandemic is affecting all aspects of modern society. Avoiding it won't go far. Let's keep the discussion within the forum guidelines and find ways to help and be helpful. Thanks.

There's no telling how this will affect our daily lives. I'm glad I have a fuel-sipping car that's easy on gas, doesn't take much concern on my end and is reliable.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-16-2020),MetroMPG (03-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm going to get a set of heated seats from a wrecked GT this week. About a 3 hour drive one way. Should have mostly empty roads and am supporting a small(ish) business during these crappy times. Also, support your local restaurants and stuff if they have to switch to curbside pickup or delivery.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Moderator's note:

Posts moved to a thread of their own.

This global pandemic is affecting all aspects of modern society. Avoiding it won't go far. Let's keep the discussion within the forum guidelines and find ways to help and be helpful. Thanks.

There's no telling how this will affect our daily lives. I'm glad I have a fuel-sipping car that's easy on gas, doesn't take much concern on my end and is reliable.
    Thanks for this. Thankfully everyone on this forum seems pretty level headed. Myself excluded.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Thanks for this. Thankfully everyone on this forum seems pretty level headed. Myself excluded.
    Feel free to take this time to straighten out your avatar photo, location, and country entries? I'm sure your family needs you at home now.

And thanks everyone for contributing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)