Page 39 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, no judgment on orientation here. Just pointing out the lunacy and mis-placed priorities in New York during the pandemic of the century.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-27-2020),dspace9 (09-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    The CDC just answered that question yesterday...

Based on the CDC's numbers, that would mean 12,000 in the US have died from COVID alone.

You didn't see this on cable news last night...because they're too busy running "US LEADS WORLD IN COVID CASES" headlines.

This latest CDC chart breaks down the COVID-19 survival rate by age groups:

If you're an otherwise healthy person, under 70, not living in a nursing home, it's a pretty safe bet that you aren't going to die from COVID.
    Quoting this because it's all that matters. The corona flu bug is a joke! Plain and simple.
    Get on with your lives, if you're fearful, stay in your home and grow a pair. I'm so sick of this.

Imagine if a real serious virus swept across the world? Americans are so soft and weak. It would be catastrophic.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I saw what happened to this random dentist from vancouver on the news last night... not pretty, and vancouver has some of the best health care in the world.

He had to learn how to walk again. And the inflammation goes from the lungs to the blood... and spreads around and causes strokes, permanent heart damage.. who knows what else. This is not a joke pal. And I don't think you're an MD?

Don't let your toddler fly a 747, they're not qualified to have that opinion
    Last edited by dspace9; 09-27-2020 at 02:20 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Quoting this because it's all that matters. The corona flu bug is a joke! Plain and simple.
    Get on with your lives, if you're fearful, stay in your home and grow a pair. I'm so sick of this.

Imagine if a real serious virus swept across the world? Americans are so soft and weak. It would be catastrophic.
    I hope your right but there's a reason Epidemiologists are stressing we dont know the long term ramifications of being exposed to this virus. We dont know if it will shift to become more deadly or if even a vaccine will be effective. It's too soon to write it off as a joke. The data simply isn't there yet. I hope I'm wrong and your right and years from now we learn something about all this.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I saw what happened to this random dentist from vancouver on the news last night... not pretty, and vancouver has some of the best health care in the world.

He had to learn how to walk again. And the inflammation goes from the lungs to the blood... and spreads around and causes strokes, permanent heart damage.. who knows what else. This is not a joke pal. And I don't think you're an MD?

Don't let your toddler fly a 747, they're not qualified to have that opinion
    I don't mean it's a joke that people have died. More that the way it has been blown sooooo far out of control. If that is not obvious to you at this point, then all I have to say is yikes.

99.5% + survivable? And people are running around like it's certain death if you get this little bug.

I've seen some insane stuff in life, this is not one of them. This has been propped up by the media and the paid for scientists.

Masks are a total joke!!! And the words "social distancing " should give you pause. Wouldn't physical distancing be a better choice of words? There is a reason behind that, probably a bit outside the scope of this thread though.

It was always obvious as to why this little virus has been propped up for so long.

In the beginning it was about "flattening the curve" and not to "overwhelm" the hospitals, now it's all about the silly cases. There is enough data out there but most people choose to get their news from Facebook or the media. Good stuff.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (09-28-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I don't mean it's a joke that people have died. More that the way it has been blown sooooo far out of control. If that is not obvious to you at this point, then all I have to say is yikes.

99.5% + survivable? And people are running around like it's certain death if you get this little bug.

I've seen some insane stuff in life, this is not one of them. This has been propped up by the media and the paid for scientists.

Masks are a total joke!!! And the words "social distancing " should give you pause. Wouldn't physical distancing be a better choice of words? There is a reason behind that, probably a bit outside the scope of this thread though.

It was always obvious as to why this little virus has been propped up for so long.

In the beginning it was about "flattening the curve" and not to "overwhelm" the hospitals, now it's all about the silly cases. There is enough data out there but most people choose to get their news from Facebook or the media. Good stuff.
    I actually signed in to say that I didn't mean to sound rude. Everyone doesn't have to agree about everything. So I'm sorry if I sounded rude and I won't go on about it.

I am naturally skeptical too. Maybe mask wearing is overblown in its real effects, I don't know.

I just want to be able to still go to walmart, so I don't have a choice. I feel the same way about wearing pants optionally but what can you do. Haha just kidding.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Can't we all just agree that boneless wings shouldn't be called wings period? They're just chicken tenders cut into chunks. I'm getting real fed up with this.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-27-2020),MetroMPG (09-28-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
    can't we all just agree that boneless wings shouldn't be called wings period? They're just chicken tenders cut into chunks. I'm getting real fed up with this.
    Well said Dirk, well said.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (09-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Licensing wasnt the issue, beliefs were. And Samaritan's Purse isn't a "sect", they are are a Christian faith based care organization who have set up similar operations in Ebola outbreaks. You know, Ebola, which makes Covid-19 look like the flu? Where the survival rate is 50%, and the rest die bleeding out of every orifice? But still they are called to go.

But this was the reponse they got in New York.:
    "Agree with me before you dare offer to help me". If New York was truly overwhelmed, it only makes this attitude more egregious. Imagine youre drowning but you won't accept a life preserver from someone who believes differently than you do...the "more to the story" seems to be some during this pandemic chose politics over help. As a wise man once said, "I guess it depends on where one gets their news".
    It's too bad that Samaritan's Purse has their stance, and that created tension with NYC and its residents. I don't disagree with the point you are making, but I don't try to make hay over it and can't apologize for it either. I find it disagreeable, but for different reasons. It strikes me as a political talking point.

That doesn't change what happened - that NYC ICUs were overwhelmed with COVID patients. They needed help, got help, and implemented efforts (lockdown, masks, distancing) effective in slowing the spread of this disease. And those simple methods continue to be effective in controlling the spread.

Just to be clear, I don't like this disease either nor how it has changed our lives. The sooner it is gone and the sooner we can get back to our normal lives, the better.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (09-27-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

Just to be clear, I don't like this disease either nor how it has changed our lives. The sooner it is gone and the sooner we can get back to our normal lives, the better.
    Honestly, with a situation like this, and the dire consequences, you have to learn from anywhere where things are working.

And like I said before, somehow the East Coast provinces of Canada have somehow largely avoided any real outbreak of covid. I see the numbers on the news every day, and I think they must have great community-driven action to have no spread of this contagious virus. When you have an alien invasion the world needs to unite against a common enemy.

Hats off to the East Coasters, and we should learn from them. Like I said to my friend from NL (but in Labrador now), hats off.

Probably helps they closed their provincial borders, so nobody is coming in from anywhere else in Canada.