Page 45 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

I had to watch with closed captioning but I think I have to go home and watch all his videos. He made a lot of good points.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    This guy has it all figured out - no need for argument:

Be sure to check out his channel for more inspirational & motivational speeches.
    This right here Eggman. Comedic gold sir. Im proud of you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    This right here Eggman. Comedic gold sir. Im proud of you.
    It's not me, it's Rodney start to finish. We've been getting a lot of mileage out of this one at work.

"In conclusion..."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The CDC themselves quietly released updated numbers.
    It's such good news, yet you don't hear about it on any news outlet? Why? Because the machine that the MSM is, want's to keep people in fear.

94% of the 200,000 deaths have an average of 2.6 pre existing conditions. The United states is a very unhealthy country folks. We throw drugs...more and more drugs, more than any other country by far, at people's problems. The vast majority of those problems can be rectified with a proper diet and exercise, but I digress.

The CDC also updated the numbers in relation to your actual chance of dying from Covid....IF you even get it.

Someone already posted them so I'm not going to post them again but 99.5-99.87% survivability? What is going on here?
    People take much greater risks in their daily lives then that. That is a rounding error.

Eat well, exercise, don't abuse drugs and alcohol, stay off medication etc etc. All things everyone should be doing. It will keep the health care burden down too, my taxes are already high enough.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Fair enough, I didn't want to come out as a 'Karen' just that average case fatality rate isn't the whole story here, and oversimplification of what's going on is not in anyone's best interest unless you want a repeat of what happened in Italy and New York (freezer trucks of dead bodies).

Like others mentioned, depending on *who* gets it the outcome is much different.

If you have an older population with chronic illness or lots of people in care homes (Like Quebec or like here in NS) you're going to have a bad time when it gets into them, but for the general population, as long as healthcare doesn't become overwhelmed, it's case fatality rate is only moderately worse than the flu and nothing like SARS or something crazy like Ebola... but like I said earlier, there is 0% immunity and no natural immunity when exposed, unlike with standard influenza which has the benefits of both (vaccines and natural immunity when exposed).

The entire purpose of the restrictions in place is to slow the spread to not overwhelm the healthcare system, so that we don't have to start deciding who gets ventilators and anti-virals and who doesn't when the small population of people who do get serious complications from COVID-19 need to get hospitalized.

You can think it's a conspiracy if you'd like, I'm certainly not going to convince you at this point; its multiplication and understanding of how the immune system works with different pathogens.

Once there is a Vaccine, and some herd immunity has been built up in the population, this should be all well and over with, and I for one will be very happy we don't have to talk about this again!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just gave a pint of blood at a Red Cross drive. Should find out in about a week whether I have antibodies.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Should find out in about a week whether I have antibodies.
    That's interesting...so if you donate blood they automatically test it and tell you?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That's interesting...so if you donate blood they automatically test it and tell you?
    Yes, I've donated blood in the past and all the new emails I've been getting state the Red Cross now tests for COVID anti-bodies when you donate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (09-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It’s for a limited time though. Not sure when the antibody testing ends. They do a bunch of other tests all the time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (09-30-2020)