Page 29 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I think Corner Gas is on MTV. Maybe only MTV Canada.
    I watched the full series on DVD. Cracks me up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-31-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    For me, the greatest Canadian show was "Kids in the Hall". The "Im squashing your head" bit was legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    For me, the greatest Canadian show was "Kids in the Hall". The "Im squashing your head" bit was legendary.
    Yes one is forever stuck in my head lol
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-31-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I watched the full series on DVD. Cracks me up.
    Yea eh, Corner Gas is very dry humour at times. I've been thinking about getting Corner Gas on DVD myself actually. I wonder if it's on Netflix. I was thinking about getting Netflix again for the 7th time, and hope some good stuff is on there now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yea eh, Corner Gas is very dry humour at times. I've been thinking about getting Corner Gas on DVD myself actually. I wonder if it's on Netflix. I was thinking about getting Netflix again for the 7th time, and hope some good stuff is on there now.
    Seems a lot of Netflix original programming is pushing an certain agenda...except for older series, its become garbage.

https://youtu.be/Sf8GmVz5bAE
    Last edited by AtomicPunk; 08-21-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Seems a lot of Netflix original programming is pushing an certain agenda...except for older series, its become garbage.

I find the quality always low-fi. I think for the money, you should get high quality movies. My friend says I should get the firestick thing. I don't know, seems like it's always for sale only at the local flea markets, which makes me skeptical. And plugging them into my computer, I am leery about it.
    Last edited by dspace9; 08-21-2020 at 12:52 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post

I find the quality always low-fi. I think for the money, you should get high quality movies. My friend says I should get the firestick thing. I don't know, seems like it's always for sale only at the local flea markets, which makes me skeptical. And plugging them into my computer, I am leery about it.
    Are we talking about the same thing? I thought Stranger Things was pretty good.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Are we talking about the same thing? I thought Stranger Things was pretty good.
    David Letterman's show on Netflix is pretty good, I enjoyed the interviews on that. But I felt like Netflix wasn't worth paying for because I already have cable TV. So how much TV can I even watch? At least cable has live sports.

Netflix in Canada, there are different packages. So the bronze or whatever is not 4k, and some of the old tv shows on there are grainy and pixely. My TV is an old Panasonic 32" so not the greatest..

Wow, I get back from a week long holiday away from the interwebs and find there's almost 700 active cases just in Edmonton. There was around 200 when I left.
    I had to take my kids to get tested the week that we left, they had a runny nose so they got kicked out of daycare and refused re-entry until they had a negative result. We found out they both came back before heading out of town on Friday but the wife and I had to take shifts watching the kids missing half a week of work again.

Out in the bush, I've never seen more people out there. Lots of large groups of 6-12 campers together. We were lucky to get a great spot off the beaten path. Had a massive bbq fire the first night, ran out of gas and beer after 8 days, and the crap tank was full to the rim. So we came home on Saturday lol. Discovered a broken leaf spring on the trailer once I got home. Didn't feel a thing. Pics to come.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No not at first eh. But after googling Strange Brew, I kinda recall that movie. In 1983, I was 1 years old. So I remember Bob and Doug MacKenzie material from like fuzzy early memories.

I know that The Trailer Park Boys has a cult following in the US. Degrassi aired on PBS back in the 1980s I believe. I think Corner Gas is on MTV. Maybe only MTV Canada.
    Canadian TV is the best. Started for me back in the 80s. You cant do that on Television and Mr. Wizard on Nickelodeon. Then I discovered Red Green, and then Kids in the Hall. Then Dream Car Garage, and then Trailer Park Boys. Then Corner Gas and Letterkenny... I could live off Canadian TV...

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)