Page 69 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I also think that the fastest way to get over covid is to set up "Infection Stations." Just make everyone get it, and get over it. Then life can get back to normal.
    The problem is antibodies only last from three to six months.

I'm glad you and your family have fared well during this pandemic. Clearly not everyone has. And that's the bigger picture.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Not everyone fares well from drinking and driving, but in the bigger picture, nobody is concerned about that issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

You lost me at Toyota.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You lost me at Toyota.
    Hehehehe. Touche!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Not everyone fares well from drinking and driving, but in the bigger picture, nobody is concerned about that issue.
    "nobody is concerned about that issue". - That's interesting. I would be very concerned about someone drinking & driving.

How does drunk driving relate to a COVID discussion?

Sorry, you lost me on this.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    "nobody is concerned about that issue". - That's interesting. I would be very concerned about someone drinking & driving.

How does drunk driving relate to a COVID discussion?

Sorry, you lost me on this.
    You're right, it is a different subject. One that strikes a chord with me. But apples and oranges.

Okay so survival of the fittest is the solution?.. Name:  9Tsmsct.jpeg
Views: 268
Size:  97.3 KB
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I personally don't believe we came from monkeys. Well, maybe some of us did! Ha! That's just a joke, pull your panties out of your Naired arse ladies. I also think that the fastest way to get over covid is to set up "Infection Stations." Just make everyone get it, and get over it. Then life can get back to normal. One day, I'm going to die. Until then, I want to L-I-V-E. And not live like I'm scared to touch anything or hug another person.

My wife has had covid twice. She works in the medical field. During those times she was sent home with covid, she would occasionally request organisms. My wife is still damn hot. I don't care how many covid germs she's carrying, when she calls me up to the plate, you can bet I'm bringing a bat and swinging for the fence. So ... that being said, I'm going to have to guess I've had covid. Getting infected was A-W-E-S-O-M-E.
    Do you accept that humans are a mammalian species, and very different from a plant, or a slug?

We all want to live. We also all want to live in a world without Polio, without Tuberculosis, without lead in our drinking water.. a world without drunk drivers infecting others with their own stupidity.

I had my Whooping Cough immunization redone a few years ago. So, that's not good enough? Do you think we should all get infected with malaria at a summer camp? Leper Colony with the opposite of intentions?

You know it's 2020 right, we don't have to live like primates? You don't have to use a toothbrush, either, or a lightbulb, but it's 2020. Might as well take advantage of what we got.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I don't mean to sound negative or anything, but..

I think people seem to forget that humans jumped out of trees for good only like 200,000 years ago, whereas the coronavirus, and raccoons, and bats, have existed much longer, maybe millions of years. So if you're encouraging hugging your relatives, the coronavirus doesn't care if you're the Queen or your pet hamster. Even household hugs has a "host" of problems.

All I want for christmas is the new vaccine.
    I've been climbing trees all fall & hunting from them. I need a good climbings stick, however. I'm attached to a life line with full body climbing harness once I leave the ground. I wish that I could climb like a monkey. I would save a lot of money on hunting gear!

I sort of believe early men were scavengers that ate animal carcasses & bone marrow from larger game killed by carnivores of that time period. We are pretty useless killing live game with our bare hands! Thus, I am glad bows, arrows, crossbows, and rifles have evolved. Taking out a deer with my Mirage doesn't sound fun either!

I enjoy reading the different perspectives on the COVID topic. Whether someone believes in microevolution, macroevolution, or creation doesn't really matter all that much. I also learned a person's sex drive is not lost while having COVID today. All good stuff!

It's OK to have different opinions on all this. There are still many unknowns.

If someone reading all these posts lost a loved one (because of COVID), they may look at this differently. That's why I always say every life is precious, & it is!

The Black Plague killed approximately 50 million western Europeans in the mid-14th century. The Plague still exists, but do we worry about it now? We have learned how to deal with it. My parents grew up worrying about polio as children, but my generation didn't share that concern. Thankfully, our learning curve is much sharper these days.

In the meantime, we should do whatever we can to protect those who are elderly or have pre-existing conditions. Wearing a mask in public & washing hands more frequently is not that big of a deal. If doing that saves one life, it's worth it.

If you think otherwise, that's OK! Just don't come visit me this week!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-27-2020),MirageRally (11-27-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm not much for heights. I contract that stuff out with home renos because not worth it to me to save a buck, or possibly fall. That said, I have checked stuff on my roof before, and I own a 18' ladder that fits into my Mirage with the hatch closed!

Regarding beliefs on evolution and germs..Every person is different, and each household is different, and has different rules, and attitudes, and beliefs. The government has no business in the living rooms of the nation. But it's tricky when a party animal in 2020 shows up for work on Monday and doesn't follow protocols laid down for public health and safety, and becomes a spreader of infection.

Just like you said Mark: I want to say that there is no "opinion" on drinking and driving, if that was ever implied in this thread by anyone. Field cars when you're 17 is one thing that is stupid, but public roads is pretty darned evil.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (11-27-2020)