Page 64 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Dunno if it affects tails, haha!
    Reports say many of those recovered, even those recovering from mild cases, often suffer a reduced IQ, are terribly tired all the time, have coordination problems with limbs and speach, have shortness of breath, and much other stuff. I don't need any of that!

Last edited by foama; 11-23-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Apparently, there are no beds anywhere here

"Open ICU beds were down to single digits in some parts of Minnesota last week, when Gov. Tim Walz ordered a four-week shutdown of bars, restaurants and entertainment and fitness establishments in hopes of slowing the virus’ spread to alleviate pressure on hospitals."

We got news that some family members caught COVID and they're in quarantine. It's good news that there are vaccines for it. I'd hate not to visit a relative because of COVID right now. It's brutal for those that are suffering and I can't imagine. I have friends and family members that work at these hospitals and according to them, on facebook, they're pretty busy and overwhelmed. But seriously, gotta give it to them because they're putting themselves out there. Insane work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Doctors out here have been requesting a 2 week lockdown before hospitals get overwhelmed. And I heard that's gonna happen tomorrow. Aparently I'm essential so yay?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Stay safe! I heard Alberta is firing a bunch of nurses. Government cutbacks.
    Nurses getting fired in the middle of a pandemic?? That’s crazy talk.

Got a link to that story?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

There were talks of cutbacks last year for everything from education to healthcare. I haven't paid much attention to it. Here's some month old news https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...D19%20pandemic.
    I couldn't be bothered to look into it myself.

Me no like politics talk. I'll stick to distasteful memes.

Name:  19b.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  29.0 KB
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Heard it on TV the other day. I still have cable TV. Yes I'm stuck in the 90's. Right now I'm listening to an interview on Bloomberg news with the Astra zeneca CEO, about their vaccine.

Yesterday they had Lorne Michaels on. I preferred hearing about SNL to Covid lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Has anyone watched the new borat movie? They clearly have good lawyer's lol
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Heard it on TV the other day. I still have cable TV. Yes I'm stuck in the 90's.
    Cable is the 90's? Lots of people use cable in town in our area.

I just have an TV antenna on my roof, no cable or dish. I get 32 different channels for free. One advantage of living on a ridge top.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Has anyone watched the new borat movie? They clearly have good lawyer's lol
    Why, what happens?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,012 Posts
    I went to the grocery store this morning. Just to grab a prescription and back. On my walk out of the store a lady about 60 years old was walking in through the automatic doors. She looked up at me, saw me not wearing a mask, and nearly stumbled back. Then she crouched over toward the carts and moved as far away from me as she could. You'd think I was a dragon blowing flames at her!

I found it was funny! I laughed out loud at her. I guess she was going to have a difficult time in our grocery store because masks are not enforced here, and there were plenty of us in there not wearing. I'd add a smiley here, but they're not wearing masks either so anyone reading this would get infected from those smileys.

And as far as that peeing on one's leg goes, I think that is a poor analogy. Covid germs move about much more like cigarette & "vape" smoke than pee. Vapor particles float in the air. If one walks through a fog of covid germs, I don't believe the mask is going to do much to prevent vapor germs from getting in or out. Not unless it's like one of those WWII gas masks. Now that would work. But when I do wear a mask, it fogs my glasses when I breath out, and clears when I breath in. Am I supposed to believe that covid germs can't make it around my mask? And if I'm carrying (which I'm not), when I breath out, they wouldn't float off in the air that blows past my glasses? I wear a mask when I'm supposed to, just to coddle the germophobes because my opinion is that masks are not very effective. However, if I'm sick, I'll hide away in my basement the required time. But, for my personal health, if I get it, I get it.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for thinking on my own. But, if I'm not sick, how am I am a risk to others? And if I am, and I stay quarantined at home, how am I a risk to others?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Pryme (11-25-2020)