Page 14 of 95 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Something to ponder -

My county has 2 known cases. A neighboring county has one. Their one case is the main rural mailman for that county.

Did he picked up the virus delivering mail?

Bigger question - Has he been delivering the virus to others by just doing his job?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've been putting my mail in the corner of my kitchen and waiting a few days before opening.

"plague of AD 590", hey I know that!

On black friday I bought a game called a Plague Tale: Innocence. Completely historically accurate it is not, but the story in game mentions the Plague of Justinian that happened eight centuries before. Wish it wasn't so linear, but a good game.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MacClyver For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-03-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    I've been putting my mail in the corner of my kitchen and waiting a few days before opening.

"plague of AD 590", hey I know that!

On black friday I bought a game called a Plague Tale: Innocence. Completely historically accurate it is not, but the story in game mentions the Plague of Justinian that happened eight centuries before. Wish it wasn't so linear, but a good game.
    I have my handy encyclopedia Britannica at home here, so..

There was Justinian 1, who ruled the eastern Roman empire until he died, in 565 AD. Justinian 2 ruled in the late 7th century... like 670s. So that game is in the ball park. Remember that's the eastern Roman empire, out of Constantinople, now Istanbul... though they never called themselves Byzantines, but Romans.

Who knows, maybe there was a big outbreak of the plague some time back then. I can't get to the library today.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    When the economy collapses and the chaos starts Im going out like Billy, from Predator. Like a boss.

Name:  Sonny-Landham.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  33.4 KB

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    When the economy collapses and the chaos starts Im going out like Billy, from Predator. Like a boss.
    That reminds me of 2 things, both musical. First, Ice Cube's best song, The Predator. Secondly, isn't that how Elliot Smith died? The indie rock legend from the early 00s..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    That reminds me of 2 things, both musical. First, Ice Cube's best song, The Predator. Secondly, isn't that how Elliot Smith died? The indie rock legend from the early 00s..
    Elliot Smith died squaring off against an intergalactic alien, whilst standing on a fallen log across a ravine, with a machete in his hand? Damn.

Continuing the musical theme...

The singer of "Stacy's Mom Has Got It Going On", Adam Schlesinger, of the one-hit-wonder band Fountains of Wayne, died this week after contracting COVID-19. Such a fun tune. RIP.

---

In more VIRUS NEWS... Mirage G4 spotted!

Name:  BQINOX4P7RISXJYQYLHDTV4EG4.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  70.7 KB

Ultra-Orthodox Israeli city hit hard by coronavirus after ignoring warnings

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-03-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Elliot Smith died squaring off against an intergalactic alien, whilst standing on a fallen log across a ravine, with a machete in his hand? Damn.
    No not exactly. Anyway I got really mixed up there, they say your brain's connections get confused as you get old, so it's probably that. Alien vs. Predator for PS3 was fun online back in the day. Campaign mode I got stuck pretty quick.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Continuing the musical theme...

The singer of "Stacy's Mom Has Got It Going On", Adam Schlesinger, of the band Fountains of Wayne, died this week after contracting COVID-19. Such a fun tune. RIP.

---

In more VIRUS NEWS... Mirage G4 spotted!

Name:  BQINOX4P7RISXJYQYLHDTV4EG4.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  70.7 KB

Ultra-Orthodox Israeli city hit hard by coronavirus after ignoring warnings
    I saw part of a pink Mirage on the local CBS news a few days ago... at one of those drive through COVID 19 test centres they have now... what other small hatchback is pink? I could only see the rear door window open. Crazy

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    I also quarantine all my mail for a few days...then I open it and still treat it like it's contaminated...lol. My mail carrier has been using gloves for at least the couple of weeks.

I assume that mail has the potential to be a problem, even though they say it's not a likely source of the virus. I'm treating Amazon deliveries the same way...

At least 30 fulfillment centers that power Amazon’s e-commerce business have outbreaks of COVID-19

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)