Page 15 of 95 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I also quarantine all my mail for a few days...then I open it and still treat it like it's contaminated...lol. My mail carrier has been using gloves for at least the couple of weeks.

I assume that mail has the potential to be a problem, even though they say it's not a likely source of the virus. I'm treating Amazon deliveries the same way...

At least 30 fulfillment centers that power Amazon’s e-commerce business have outbreaks of COVID-19
    I get weekly flyers and a weekly paper delivered to my house every week. Free. Comes in a plastic bag, and has menard's paper flyer from Michigan in it, my local canadian tire, etc., so I can compare prices. I just freaked out 20 minutes ago after thinking of all the hands involved in the paper route, and I feel bad to say that but that's the climate right now and the virus right now.

If I can't compare my flyers I am not sure what kind of world this is coming to except one world that's coming to a halt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post

If I can't compare my flyers I am not sure what kind of world this is coming to except one world that's coming to a halt.
    You can't leave the country so I wouldn't be too concerned about menards lol. Besides Crappy tire has had online flyers for years now. At least here in Canada

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-03-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yea eh I know crappy tire and the american chains have their flyers all online now. I like the actual flyer, like the paper one. I comparison shop better and can rip out good deals I want. Crappy tire has sharp TVs cheap all the time lately. I have 2 hdmi right now, so my PS3 and my xbox take turns with my tv and I never unplug my cable tv.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    What's everyone's Skepticism Quotient these days?

I'm usually more than just a little skeptical and don't often take things at face value. The initial government reactions here stateside caught me by surprise in the sense that it seemed like an overreaction. But so far it looks like their predictions are coming true. Some of the news out there is scary.

So, does anyone still think that governments are overreacting?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    What's everyone's Skepticism Quotient these days?
    Lots of statistics/projections are getting thrown around and some are almost being reported as factual assumptions. I’m all for common sense measures to “flatten the curve”…but at some point, I hope someone figures out that we don’t have to shut the country down completely for 6 months.

Coronavirus: It's time to get real about the misleading data

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Lots of statistics/projections are getting thrown around and some are almost being reported as factual assumptions. I’m all for common sense measures to “flatten the curve”…but at some point, I hope someone figures out that we don’t have to shut the country down completely for 6 months.

I didn't get that conclusion from the opinion piece:
    There is still a great deal we don’t know about the current state of the coronavirus pandemic, much less the future course of it. But there are three conclusions we can make right now:

1) the number of infected people both in the U.S. and the world is much, much higher than the “confirmed cases” statistic;

2) All predictions about the future course of the pandemic are highly uncertain and are ultimately dependent on how vigilant communities and individuals are being;

3) No country had or has a secret magic solution.

As repetitive and trite as it sounds, low or no social contact, proper hygiene and personal responsibility remain the best practices for everyone.
    I was surprised at the number of ads served.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

The Premier of Ontario was just talking on TV live. Looks like Ontario is getting shut down now for pretty much 99% of all industries starting saturday at 11:59 pm. The border will go down to a trickle then.

So essential services only make up 1% of Ontario's economy? If that's the case it was good knowing you guys lol https://www.ontario.ca/page/list-ess...526.1585939433

It'd be fun if cell service or internet went down for a few months. I actually miss those days! Could you imagine the chaos!
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-03-2020 at 06:59 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (04-03-2020)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wanted to buy a Nintendo Switch but apparently it went sold out because of Covid-19.

I found out HEPA bags are rated the same as N95 masks. I have a several HEPA bags sealed still and maybe I could make a buck out of them.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Guys sell plasma if you can. I do it twice a week at a facility next to my hospital. Good $. And yes, certified nurse aides are paid so pathetically low in Georgia, this is the kind of thing we have to do on the side! LolName:  20200403_163321.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  80.2 KB7

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

spork (04-10-2020)