Page 12 of 95 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

I can't even get instacart delivery anymore. They're sooo backlogged their website won't let you even pick a date. I tried every grocery store available for different address in two city's and get the same thing. Can still do grocery pickup if booked almost a week in advanced.

Dirk it'd probably be easier to just get a gun or just say you're infected and spit lung butter as a self defense. Desperate times call for desperate measures lol. Keep fit and have fun!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Ahh, ok. For some reason I thought you were in Louisiana. Regardless stay safe. Glad to hear you've cut back on your potential exposures to the virus.
    That would be me. I was about to go service some equipment at a Walmart in New Orleans yesterday until I learned that store had three confirmed cases of COVID19.

I am required to provide service to them because Walmart has been deemed an essential retailer. I told my boss I didn't feel safe going and that was that. I wouldn't be much use to my company if I were to go there and get sick.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    That would be me. I was about to go service some equipment at a Walmart in New Orleans yesterday until I learned that store had three confirmed cases of COVID19.

I am required to provide service to them because Walmart has been deemed an essential retailer. I told my boss I didn't feel safe going and that was that. I wouldn't be much use to my company if I were to go there and get sick.
    Good plan. I knew one of our members were in NOLA. Yah, it's a real hot spot right now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    More and more car dealers are shutting down. Mad City Mitsubishi is closing its doors for an unknown amount of time. All the Anderson owned dealers in the Rockford area are shut down. Max Madsen is appointment only, no more walk ins... for now. Biggers doesn't want to take on any larger repairs in case they close. This is a mess...
    Life is a reschedule for everyone.

I would be thankful Mad City will do the engine replacement for you some day.

I am not blessed with patience myself, but it's a good lesson for all of us during this time.

I appreciate those who have to work (grocery store clerks, health workers, etc.), & I feel for those who can't work because of all this.

Stay healthy everyone!

Well, that first link didn't work... Lets try this again. https://wjactv.com/news/local/report...hnstown-sheetz at the 20 second mark there's a Mirage! Don't forget to cover your cough
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-01-2020 at 12:29 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'm thinking about taking a stash of gloves and masks from the supply room after my shift and selling them on EBay. Just kidding! The head RN on our floor is watching that store room like a hawk, besides I'm not a plague profiteer. AtomicPunk your place on high alert yet?
    Yeah lets not even joke about that. My wife is a nurse and they are being told they are not allowed to wear a mask unless their patient is already sick. Nearby hospitals have told nurses they will be fired on the spot for wearing their own personal masks. They need all the masks they can get. She's based in Long Beach, CA, where it's planned to send non-COVID patients to the MERCY ship, and keep all the COVID patients at the hospitals.

If anyone has unopened masks that are FDA approved, (hospitals still wont take non-FDA approved masks like KF-94 masks) please call your local hospital and see if they take donations. And if you end up going to drop them off - don't touch anything.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam - UK View Post
    In the uk Toilet paper/Bread/Milk/tinned tomatoes/You name it is running out in some shops
    and McDonald’s restaurants is only drive-thru and delivery only can not eat in
    this was the Toilet Rolls aisle today
    Attachment 17394
    Hi, Uhm.....I'd like to buy a shelf.
    Last edited by gone.a; 04-01-2020 at 06:23 AM. Reason: The joke just didn't work without the picture embedded.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    at the 20 second mark there's a Mirage! Don't forget to cover your cough
    Don't forget to cover your gun muzzle!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Anyone find they have a lot of time on their hands? I'm still working.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    Yeah lets not even joke about that. My wife is a nurse and they are being told they are not allowed to wear a mask unless their patient is already sick. Nearby hospitals have told nurses they will be fired on the spot for wearing their own personal masks. They need all the masks they can get. She's based in Long Beach, CA, where it's planned to send non-COVID patients to the MERCY ship, and keep all the COVID patients at the hospitals.

If anyone has unopened masks that are FDA approved, (hospitals still wont take non-FDA approved masks like KF-94 masks) please call your local hospital and see if they take donations. And if you end up going to drop them off - don't touch anything.
    Im sure the $1200 check folks are getting in Los Angeles should cover what? Maybe a fourth of a months rent?