Page 63 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Discussion

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    At least in Germany the protestors aren't armed with assault rifles like they are here in Atlanta. I just had to drive thru these idiots on my way to work yesterday. I saw a number of COVID is fake protest signs to go with their "Stop the steal" signs, unbelievable. Don't any of these protestors work? Not playing favorites either because the counter protestors are really annoying too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-22-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Hats off to the front-line Health Care workers, who are doing the most essential work out there. I see signs all the time around here Thank You front line health Care workers.

One of the problems Down South right now is that otherwise lovely people seem to think masks are an invasion of freedom and liberty. The thing is, the old big wigs who took the wig off and wrote the Declaration of Independence, etc, meant freedom in an Ancient Greek sense; your freedom ends where another's begins, your pursuit of individual freedom as far as the eye can see, but you can't steal and trample your neighbour's lot to pursue your own happiness.
    AtomicPunk is frontline as an RN, I'm in the rear with the gear lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-22-2020)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Hats off to the front-line Health Care workers, who are doing the most essential work out there. I see signs all the time around here Thank You front line health Care workers.
    Yeah, these are real heroes, facing the facts that COVIDIOTS are stubbornly denying, doing their very best to save lives, beyond their own exhaustion.

Quote:
    "One of the problems Down South right now is that otherwise lovely people seem to think masks are an invasion of freedom and liberty. The thing is, the old big wigs who took the wig off and wrote the Declaration of Independence, etc, meant freedom in an Ancient Greek sense; your freedom ends where another's begins, your pursuit of individual freedom as far as the eye can see, but you can't steal and trample your neighbour's lot to pursue your own happiness."

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself!

Its that perverted sense of freedom, not real freedom but that whacky sort of freedom to invade and destroy other's rights that brings about problems. My freedom ends where it tramples on somebody elses, but they are to narrow-minded to understand and will continue preaching farright bull even after their leader and master is long gone and forgotten.

Many followers of that European mass murderer with the funny moustache never accepted that he actually lied to anybody and everybody for his own pityfull ego, but his flock continued preaching that confused nonsense until they themselves died of old age. Funny how history repeats itself...
    Last edited by foama; 11-23-2020 at 03:44 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-22-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    They act like a buffoon' and much worse, and the people call a 1-800 number to donate money they don't have. It's the age old thing about wanting to belong to something bigger than yourself. Charismatic leaders. They tend to have accusations following them around too. Look at Chairman you know who..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

I heard on the radio the other day the mask bylaw is in effect here until 2021 lmfao......https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...il-may-31-2021 This'll never end lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    If I understood correctly, there are now three COVID19 vaccinations!
    The following without garantee and only as far as I know from various publications.

1.) BioNtech SE has a vaccination that was supposedly(?) funded by the Federal Republic of Germany. Thank you German taxpayer! Much obliged! Anyhow, if whatever small company wants to produce vast numbers of doses, they will need some sort of partner with appropriate production facilities, in this case Pfizer.
    See: https://biontech.de/covid-19

See: https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...-collaboration

2.) Moderna also has a mRNA vaccine similar to the above, but it only needs “normal” freezing, whereby the BioNtech vaccine needs much lower storage and transit temperatures around -70°C. Moderna will charge governments between US$25 and US$37 per dose of its Covid-19 vaccine candidate depending on the amount ordered, CEO Stephane Bancel told German weekly Welt am Sonntag (WamS).
    See: https://en.mercopress.com/2020/11/23...tephane-bancel

3.) The Oxford University (UK) and AstraZeneca also have a vaccine called AZD1222.
    To reach 90% efficacy it is given by two injections one month apart.
    This vaccine is maybe 10 to 20 times cheaper, and can be stored in a regular refrigerator without being frozen.

See: https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-ce...zd1222hlr.html
    Last edited by foama; 11-24-2020 at 07:55 AM.

We have a guy in my town who walks down the street wearing a superman outfit. And he doesn't talk. Like a mute I think. But he looks at you really intensely with green eyes when you see him around town. Small town is keeping him safe
    OR...

Superman is keeping your small town safe!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Speaking for myself this vaccine is SO rushed, they take years to make normally. I want to be able to read the stage 3 trials results for myself before getting it.

COVIDiot made me laugh, never heard that before. I can't wait for it to be over. I have so many grocery bags now, since they refused to let people bring in bags to reuse in March.

It'll probably take a year or two til they get the vaccine out this way. By then maybe they'll discover the people who already received it grew a tail over the last year lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It'll probably take a year or two til they get the vaccine out this way. By then maybe they'll discover the people who already received it grew a tail over the last year lol
    Of all extra appendages to grow you pick a tail.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)