Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: CVT interchangeable from different years?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben206 View Post
    Really? Do you have extended warranty or is there some kind of recall with these?
    Mitsubishi's powertrain warranty is 10 year 100,000miles. R01k has a 2014 with 74k miles...

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-30-2022),R01k (08-31-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Another update.

Transmission is being installed and possibly I'll pick up the car this week, after being with the dealer more than a month already.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to R01k For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-26-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    Another update.

Transmission is being installed and possibly I'll pick up the car this week, after being with the dealer more than a month already.
    The private owned Aamco by me, I know for a fact, has now started to outsource used CVTs for customers, saving mucho $$$. IIRC correctly, the labor estimate was $1k alone plus whatever used CVT7 you could scrounge up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This dealership has only one Mitsu tech ("Aren't you hiring?" "Yes, but no one wants to work.") who had 3 weeks of work scheduled already. Since I'm barely driving these days I agreed to leave the car with them in case the guy had a chance to diagnose in between jobs. That took them a week. Then two more weeks for Mitsu to agree to repair under warranty. Transmission ordered. First, they sent the wrong transmission. Then another from Georgia arrived damaged. Today finally they started putting it on... That's what they are telling me. You bet I'll be all over the car to check for foockery.

They offered to pay for a rental but only covering $48 a day, which means that maybe I could have rented a bicycle without having to pay from my pocket. Fortunately I don't have much need for a car for the moment so decided not to press on the matter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    This dealership has only one Mitsu tech ("Aren't you hiring?" "Yes, but no one wants to work.") who had 3 weeks of work scheduled already. Since I'm barely driving these days I agreed to leave the car with them in case the guy had a chance to diagnose in between jobs. That took them a week. Then two more weeks for Mitsu to agree to repair under warranty. Transmission ordered. First, they sent the wrong transmission. Then another from Georgia arrived damaged. Today finally they started putting it on... That's what they are telling me. You bet I'll be all over the car to check for foockery.

They offered to pay for a rental but only covering $48 a day, which means that maybe I could have rented a bicycle without having to pay from my pocket. Fortunately I don't have much need for a car for the moment so decided not to press on the matter.
    No mechanic worth his salt wants to work at a Mitsubishi service center.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Finally, the transmission was replaced with one brand new. Picked up the car today. The handling now makes me remember a bit the way it drove when it was new. Expectedly, there's more torque on low gear and fuel efficiency is restored. The gear change on the automatic portion is more snappy now.

Tech said that the old tranny pressure was way below the spec of 585 PSI. He removed the valve body and saw wear on the belt and pulley.

All was a hefty $7000, "generously" covered by Mitsu.

Name:  IMG_20220928_170145.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  42.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20220928_170220.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20220928_170235.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  44.8 KB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to R01k For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (09-30-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I still can't believe your cvt died at 74k miles. I believe that's the lowest amount of miles, before failure, posted on here.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    No mechanic worth his salt wants to work at a Mitsubishi service center.
    Why not? Flat rate is flat rate, except you usually can make better time on a Japanese product than other makes.

I'd consider it.
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-17-2022 at 02:40 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Isn't it amazing how "No one is willing to work" these crappy jobs when you reward their hard work with no benefits, no time off, no insurance, no retirement plan, minimum sick time allowed, give them part time hours for near minimum wages, no upwards mobility, and corporate loyalty that died long ago with more hire from the outside mentality then ever, and all of that competing with a system giving more freebies and handouts for not working then ever. It certainly isn't very motivating for anyone.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)