Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CVT interchangeable from different years?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I'll post what I find out. Just for posterity's sake.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I talked to a few Mitsu dealers they won't touch the little filter on the side or pull the pan. I was abolished that they'd drain out just a little bit, refill it, reset the sensor (that's the big deal they made about it) and charge you rape for it. Forget that.

Granted, I have the fancy shop tool so I reset the degradation sensor myself but I believe Fummins said he changes the fluid and doesn't give a damn about the sensor and it's been fine.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Correct, zero $hits given about reseting the fluid deteriation in the confuser. The car doesn't seem to care either. Like you, I have the ability to do it but I would rather watch people lineup at costco for hours.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hahahahahaha when I was at the dealer someone else was getting the trans serviced. The guy had zero idea how cars work so the service writer made a huge deal about how only the dealer can reset the computer and all this ****. Damn liars! Liars I tell ya!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Well, well, well......I called AAMCO and guess what? They do OEM fluid change, side filter change, and drop the pan to the check magnets and clean for $250! Mitsu service center can take a hike from now own!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Well, well, well......I called AAMCO and guess what? They do OEM fluid change, side filter change, and drop the pan to the check magnets and clean for $250! Mitsu service center can take a hike from now own!
    Good find Dirk!

I still like my manual. It cost me 2 quarts of manual transmission fluid (approximately 1.6 quarts needed). No filters to replace and no parts to remove except the two plugs (drain hole & fill hole) I like simple & cheap.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Nice find!

Keep looking Dirk and I'm sure you'll find a small, professional shop that can provide even better service at a competitive price.

Though I don't have a CVT I'm still interested in how they hold up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    While still expensive, it costs less than paying Mitsu dealer for parts and service. They wanted like $45 I think for that little side filter! I bought it from the Nissan dealer for 14 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    While still expensive, it costs less than paying Mitsu dealer for parts and service. They wanted like $45 I think for that little side filter! I bought it from the Nissan dealer for 14 bucks.
    Nice find. What Nissan models came with the same cvt filter?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Nissan Versa Note for sure. Uses the same CVT-7 transmission. I believe the regular Versa, the Kicks, and something else use the same trans as well but I'm not 100% sure. I actually found the Jatco part number somewhere on this forum and went in to the local Nissan dealer and asked for it as well as the o-ring. I'll try to remember to post up the Nissan part numbers here later today.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-20-2020)