Thread: Canada: Video review - 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage (Motoring TV - motoringtv.com)

Canada: Video review - 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage (Motoring TV - motoringtv.com)

This is more of a factual overview/news piece than a conventional pros/cons car "review". Though the presenter does offer his take on a number of things about the car.

Notable: Mitsu predicts the car is going to get a 5/5 star rating in U.S. crash tests. This is the first mention I've read of crash test predictions on this side of the pond.

Presenter's comments ...

- does not like CVT's, in general
    - good crash test ratings
    - great around town
    - impressive turning circle
    - cruises nicely on the highway
    - extensive warranty

Overall ...

It is what it is - it's as good as the competition ... That's not a bad thing.
    Watch the video: http://motoringtv.com/video/review-2...ubishi-mirage/

Note - they also have a YouTube site, but it's not up to date with the latest episodes. I found their web site to be a bit buggy: when I try to go full-screen with the video, it screws up.

See also: Jim Kenzie's editorial on the state of Mitsubishi in Canada - http://motoringtv.com/video/kenzie-on-mitsubishi/

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Mikhail (12-13-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In the Motoring TV review "Mirage" they explained the Jatco CVT7 Aux. starting at about 2:37-3:40

Look closely, follow the arrows from engine to trans to auxiliary to wheels. Adding the aux is like adding that gear that you need to peddle up that steep hill.

I'm going to guess that the Jatco CVT7 with aux. is one of the reasons I'm getting better gas mileage around town than on the interstate "HWY"

HWY average is about= 42 mpg

City average= 45 mpg

These numbers are without even trying, it will be interesting to see what I can get when I do.

Keep the Faith!

-Zxit
    Zxit say... It's a Mirage. LoL! But I love it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zxit For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-06-2014)

Zxit - your fuel economy is interesting. That's what you'd expect to see in most hybrids (higher city).

Also, about that CVT, you've probably seen this thread: Information about the Mirage CVT (Jatco CVT7 JF015E) operation, video, diagrams

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Zxit - your fuel economy is interesting. That's what you'd expect to see in most hybrids (higher city).

Also, about that CVT, you've probably seen this thread: Information about the Mirage CVT (Jatco CVT7 JF015E) operation, video, diagrams
    Thanks, "seen" some of it. Did I say I like to drive more than read. I think the Jatco CVT 7 is playing a major roll in saving gas in the Mirage.

Sometimes I think I'm in a (higher city). LoL!

When I'm done I will know the low, mid, and high range this car is capable of.

For you all that have been considering a hybrid car for gas mileage savings, did I also mention "green" this non hybrid car is it.

If quality of this car stands up and I will know soon enough. Mitsu you will have a winner.

MetroMPG, good work.

Keep the Faith.

-Zxit

Last edited by Zxit; 01-06-2014 at 08:09 PM.
    Zxit say... It's a Mirage. LoL! But I love it.