Thread: 2019 Mirage G4 Rack&Pinion? (G4 & Mirage interchangability)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question 2019 Mirage G4 Rack&Pinion? (G4 & Mirage interchangability)

I need to replace the steering rack on my 2019 G4, but only see used ones from the regular hatchback Mirage.

Anyone know how to tell if these parts are interchangeable?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Yes. Part number 4410A498. Fits all Mirages and G4s.

Can I ask why it needs to be replaced?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-20-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_darker View Post
    I need to replace the steering rack on my 2019 G4, but only see used ones from the regular hatchback Mirage.

Anyone know how to tell if these parts are interchangeable?
    Welcome to the forum. Your 2019 should be covered by the factory warranty unless you're repairing it due to a crash.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Was teaching the girlfriend to drive, slid into the curb with the tire, tie rod snapped eventually because I was waiting til she's done banging things up to fix it and get things re-aligned. She ended up totaling the car in a rear end collision later though, which, actually left me able to buy&repair the car for about $4,000 total, saving me nearly $10,000 in the end plus saving me from paying for full coverage insurance & interest on the loan, so all is well it worked out great.

Found a used rack/pinion assembly for $95 with 1k miles on it (instead of $1,100), used headlight for $150 (instead of $419), and a used control arm for $65 (not sure how much those are). Just gotta stop by where my car is at and figure out what size tires I got on it so I can replace the tire, that thing wore out a ton from things being bent.

Gonna pay off loans & focus on some other things before replacing the front bumper, grille, and hood. I think it's about $300 at best for a hood, $100 for a grille, and not sure what the bumper is.

Any idea if I can install the digital/automatic AC from the hatchback model, into my mirage with the manual AC? I mean mines got that manual lever for the vents to go indoors or outdoors, so I imagine I gotta rig up an actuator for that, but in theory the rest oughtta work?

Anyone know where to buy the repair manual? Like something with torque specs?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mr_darker For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Any idea if I can install the digital/automatic AC from the hatchback model, into my mirage with the manual AC? I mean mines got that manual lever for the vents to go indoors or outdoors, so I imagine I gotta rig up an actuator for that, but in theory the rest oughtta work?

Anyone know where to buy the repair manual? Like something with torque specs?
    Lol, there is somebody here trying to do the opposite...they want knobs instead of auto climate control.

No manufacturer that I know of still does actual, printed, greasy-fingerprints shop manuals anymore. It is all done in PDF now. I am sure somebody here has a link to some sketchy Russian site that has the Mirage FSM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Any idea if I can install the digital/automatic AC from the hatchback model, into my mirage with the manual AC?
    Check this thread. It's probably not a trivial change.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)