Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just realized we can sleep in Mirage fully laydown without removing any seats

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

I just realized we can sleep in Mirage fully laydown without removing any seats

just put down back seats, lay down your head on emergency break ,and foot to the trunk! there is enough space, just need some custom wood frame to make a platform so we can lay down comfortably

maybe not for a taller person..

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozziekyu View Post
    just put down back seats, lay down your head on emergency break ,and foot to the trunk! there is enough space, just need some custom wood frame to make a platform so we can lay down comfortably

maybe not for a taller person..
    I'm tall, around 6'1, and if I stretch my arms out, I'm like 11 feet long. So I don't fit in my Mirage, or any car, save for a Mustang or similar that has good leg room.

Even good-sized suv's have mediocre leg room. So annoying.

Also, I find it's impossible to get a good mirror setting in my 2014 mirage. My knees are on my shifter, and my steering wheel literally gives me blisters since I cheaped out on options, so no cruise on the highway. What a car to drive though, rare to drive a Mirage around here in Canada.

The car is not exactly people's tastes in my rural Ontario area, but I think it's a great looking car because I got the good dark grey colour, just took a month to arrive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I'm tall, around 6'1, and if I stretch my arms out, I'm like 11 feet long. So I don't fit in my Mirage, or any car, save for a Mustang or similar that has good leg room.

Even good-sized suv's have mediocre leg room. So annoying.

Also, I find it's impossible to get a good mirror setting in my 2014 mirage. My knees are on my shifter, and my steering wheel literally gives me blisters since I cheaped out on options, so no cruise on the highway. What a car to drive though, rare to drive a Mirage around here in Canada.

The car is not exactly people's tastes in my rural Ontario area, but I think it's a great looking car because I got the good dark grey colour, just took a month to arrive.
    oh my! you should get a Camry!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fozziekyu For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-20-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozziekyu View Post
    oh my! you should get a Camry!
    I'm looking at a 1981 Pontiac Phoenix, my friend does car painting on the side, so I can get a deal that way. Make the cheap classic look like an all original, and print fake stickers to make it look like the GT model. Haha!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...nix/1449997954

This way I put my investments into better use after the stock market plunged 32% in a week. Classic car market is all first impressions so I can fix up this car not that difficultly, if it's in ok shape. Cars like this fixed up are definitely classics.

Name:  81 pontiac pheonix.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  94.7 KB
    Last edited by dspace9; 03-20-2020 at 10:21 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Hey dspace9, did you get that Pontiac Phoenix? I never really saw them as 'classic' but maybe the market has changed for them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Technically anything over 20-25 years is considered a classic. But I would not dump money into a Fwd Phoenix expecting to recoup any of it in the future. Spend $5000 restoring it, then pay to store it somewhere for the next 50 years, and could possibly sell it for $5000 if you can find a willing buyer that is... They are highly undesirable cars and there are far better options out there.

If you want an 80's car, maybe pick up something that's rwd? Cutlass, monte carlo, grand prix,regal,malibu,le mans? They aren't as valuable as a 67 chevelle or mustang but they have a better chance of appreciating than a pheonix of that year.

Edit: I just looked at the pics, that's a rusty turdpail. They want way too much for it, I'd use the money as asswipe before spending it on that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey dspace9, did you get that Pontiac Phoenix? I never really saw them as 'classic' but maybe the market has changed for them.
    No haha, another one of my late-night "genius" ideas that I wake up and scratch my head.

You know what though, I get Fummins' point, but at the same time, a car like the Phoenix, if restored properly, is total nostalgia for people. If you do the paint right, and get some nice decals, people will love it. It's an off beat classic yes, but I feel there is a market.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9
    I'm an 6'2 and can just touch a normal 8 foot ceiling without really trying. Yet I've never had a problem fitting in a car, well a front seat anyway.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you do take the seats out you can put the front seats down and put a cheap blanket and then a full size air mattress in no problem. At that point this is pretty nice to sleep in. No custom frames required.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-20-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    If you do take the seats out you can put the front seats down and put a cheap blanket and then a full size air mattress in no problem. At that point this is pretty nice to sleep in. No custom frames required.
    Ya eh that's a smart way to do it, so you can easily sleep in your Mirage at night, and drive off from the campground in the morning.

I had a 2019 Santa Fe rental out West last spring, and that would be even better. Like a 6 person tent to a 2 person tent, more room to set up the DVD player.

Also there is something about using wood in your car that doesn't seem right, save for woody wagons and that sort of thing.