Thread: Best Way to Remove Chrome off Badges

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool Best Way to Remove Chrome off Badges

Sup guys, if your like me and you aren't a huge fan of having chrome on your car, such as badges, I've found a way to do it without hurting the plastic or paint. It's really simple, just time consuming. Make sure the area around the badge is clean. Then use dental floss or fishing line and rub back and forth under the badge and it will peel off without paint damage. Then use rubbing alchohol to clean the adhesive then either pick at it with your finger nails or use a plastic scrapper to get the adhesive off. After that, get a plastic Tupperware bowl which I used, and pour in household bleach. Take sandpaper, I used 60 Grit, on the chrome to rough it up. Then soak the badge in the bleach for about 12 hours and you will tell it's working due to the bleach turning black and bubbling. Change the bleach around twice a day and when changing the bleach, pull out the badge and scrape with a toothbrush or wire brush to get the layers off. Within about 5 days, all the chrome will be removed safely. Here are some pictures of the time lapse as well to show you all how I figured it out!
    Attached Images Attached Images          

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gnestovia For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-20-2020),Nobu (03-20-2020)