Thread: Speaker makes "tin" sound when you're on high volume

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Speaker makes "tin" sound when you're on high volume

My left front speaker makes a tinny sound when I have my Mirage's stereo cranked. Seems a lot worse with talk radio compared to music. Anyone else experienced this?

Might have been an inadvertent blasting of hip hop when my USB stick was all disorganized, and I went on shook ones part 3 by mobb deep, and I think I broke the 1 speaker partially.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Nope, but my stereo is pretty weak. Only time it's loud is when I accidentally pop the aux cable in while the volume is up on the aux input.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nobu For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-20-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My stereo is pretty weak too. Gets lots of use and abuse too, since I have no AC, summertime I gotta drive with the windows down. Then the stereo's volume goes up.

The sound is pretty good for being basic, I will say that.

If I'm listening to the ball game on AM radio, and crank it, the commentators have this tin sound accenting everything they are saying.
    Last edited by dspace9; 03-20-2020 at 11:37 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    If I had to guess, I would say probably just normal artifacts that you get in AM broadcasts, but I'd have to hear it myself. Most of the AM stations here have low quality audio, though. They might have better equipment up north.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That's a good point. AM is never as clear anywhere you are, no matter the radio you are using. Maybe nothing is wrong, but I have done a similar sound to headphones in the past, so hopefully your theory is the right one! Thanks Nobu!

Makes me look at the whole thing differently.